Do I need any WG products?

timbo7

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been on here reading a lot of posts and buying a good amount of stuff over the last year. The only cars I take care of are my wifes and mine. Both of which I used meg's UC and UP on last year. I plan on polishing and such atleast twice a year with waxing for frequently. I might try to do a friend or twos car in spring or summer but not sure yet. Ive been looking at the Wolfgang line of things and reading all the great reviews on them. Plus with the deals today its hard to pass up. Although I did buy a bunch of stuff recently do I need any or are they that much better than what I have. Is there something that I should buy to complete what I already have?

Heres what I have, Ill try not to leave anything out...

Megs UC
Megs UP
Blackfire total polish and seal
Klasse SG
Collinite 845
Megs back to black
Megs gold class wash
ONR
4* leather conditioner
Mother VLR
Folex carpet cleaner

I think thats it. Is there a product that would make our cars look much better than any of those products thats offered by WG? I havent had a chance to try out the BF TP&S as its winter here in PA but I was thinking about trying the deep gloss paint sealant. Would there be a big difference in the two as far as shininess?

My car is an 06 Legacy GT and wifes is 07 Acura TL. TIA

The UC and UP is really all you need to maintain your on cars.
If your cars are in pretty good shape you don't need to spend more money.
With that said I love the Wolfgang line, I do a good amount of cars for people , most are in terriable shape so I need something that works well and fast, the WF Über compound is the best I ever used, it's not cheap but in the long run it saves me time and money.

One thing I'd reccomend to you though is WG Glossy Paint Sealant.
It will give you the best shine you ever seen with great protection.
Their trim sealant is also great to protect your black trim, even faded trim looks new agin with one application of the WG Trim Sealant and it last for months, not weeks.

Which do you prefer? The exterior trim sealant or the vinyl and rubber protectant ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

I've only used the trim sealant.
It makes faded, neglected black trim look good as new and doesn't wash off.
I've read where people said it last as long as four months even if the car is parked outside 24/7
You gotta try it, a little,and I mean a little goes a long way, I don't think I'll have to buy more for at least 2 years.
At first it feels oily but after just a few minutes it's 100 percent dry to the touch.

Which do you prefer? The exterior trim sealant or the vinyl and rubber protectant ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

50/50 shots

20131201_091538_zpsd85c0bf8.jpg

20131201_090310_zps1f80b526.jpg

20131201_085848_zps02f58156.jpg

20131201_091352_zps29c1f9be.jpg

Complete shots

20131201_090007_zpse348a990.jpg

20131201_135232_zpsf0227aa0.jpg

20131201_135207_zps2ef5acbb.jpg

20131201_135523_zpscd1872e2.jpg

20131201_135500_zps21a575e3.jpg

20131201_090953_zps781abfe1.jpg

It's an amazing product that I'll continue to use to keep my trim protected and looking its best.

Below is a shot to show you how well the Über finishes down, this was neglected finish , you could almost skip step two and just top it with a wax or sealant.

20131129_130702_zps7501ad05.jpg

Thanks for the shots! Ill throw some of that in my cart. I never really was that impressed with the back to black.

As far as the paint sealant, would it be okay to use that on top of the blackfire total polish and seal? Both of our cars have light swirls from washing and now with the salt and winter crap. So they will both need to be polished. I was planning on using the blackfire with the LC flat white pads and then the WG with a black or blue flat pad right?

I had a sample of WG paint sealant 3.0 and must say its an AWESOME product!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is best used on bare paint. It is best to remove the defects with a polish, then apply the sealant. If you want a super easy and quick product to protect your paint, may I recommend the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. It sheds water great and only takes about 15 minutes to apply!

Thanks for the replys.

Ill use the Megs UP first then apply the sealant. I see the trim sealant has a 4 and 8 oz. If I only do two cars and this stuff is supposed to last a long time and apply real thing should I just get the 4oz?

Any other recommendations for other products? I have the basics like grit guards, towels. I just bought a daytona brush. figures my luck. They just put it for free with WG wheel cleaner.

The 4oz bottle will last you a while.
I use a little sponge, add two very small drops and appy, after awhile the sponge becomes saturated and can go far before adding more product.
I had an old grout sponge laying around, I cut it up in little pieces and does the job.

If you like it you can buy an 8oz bottle. :dblthumb2:

Thanks for the replys.

Ill use the Megs UP first then apply the sealant. I see the trim sealant has a 4 and 8 oz. If I only do two cars and this stuff is supposed to last a long time and apply real thing should I just get the 4oz?

Any other recommendations for other products? I have the basics like grit guards, towels. I just bought a daytona brush. figures my luck. They just put it for free with WG wheel cleaner.

Thanks for the responses. I picked up some of the trim sealant and gloss paint sealant. Im also thinking now maybe I shouldve bought the finishing glaze as well since ill be using the paint sealant. I have a sample that ive never used of the finishing glaze, would that be enough to do an entire car so I can see how I like it?

You will truly love the trim & paint sealant.
You'll now be hooked on WG as I am now:dblthumb2:

Thanks for the responses. I picked up some of the trim sealant and gloss paint sealant. Im also thinking now maybe I shouldve bought the finishing glaze as well since ill be

using the paint sealant. I have a sample that ive never used of the finishing glaze, would that be enough to do an entire car so I can see how I like it?

I agree about the tire gel. its the only product that gives the look I like. Its very matte with pretty much no gloss (I wipe the tire down with a towel 30 minutes after application).

Another must IMO is the trim sealant. the 8oz is the best value.

If you use a dressing on interiors the vinyl and rubber protectant is one of the best I have used. again, leaves pretty much zero gloss on soft touch materials.

For leather seats , the cockpit trim sealant is another product that pretty much blows the competition out of the water. The seats will no longer get stained from jeans or water spots.

lastly the instant detail spritz is the most amazing quick detailer i have ever used. But the price is just as out of this world as the performance. Its extremely expensive (90 dollars a gallon !!!) If you can find it on sale, I would say go with the half gallon. Ever since i got a black car I only prefer to use products that are simple to use. I can not stand a wipe on wipe off product that leaves ghosting or dark patch's in the paint. Believe it or not but a LOT of products do this. something I never realized until i got a black car. Pretty much the Wolfgang and pinnacle quick detailers never ever cause this problem. For that alone I prefer to spend the money to use them.

The price of the spritz is why I didn't buy it yet.
I'm sure I'll buy it down the road, I'm weak when it comes to buying great products, I give in:)

Is it truly, 100% worst the money?

I agree about the tire gel. its the only product that gives the look I like. Its very matte with pretty much no gloss (I wipe the tire down with a towel 30 minutes after application).

Another must IMO is the trim sealant. the 8oz is the best value.

If you use a dressing on interiors the vinyl and rubber protectant is one of the best I have used. again, leaves pretty much zero gloss on soft touch materials.

For leather seats , the cockpit trim sealant is another product that pretty much blows the competition out of the water. The seats will no longer get stained from jeans or water spots.

lastly the instant detail spritz is the most amazing quick detailer i have ever used. But the price is just as out of this world as the performance. Its extremely expensive (90 dollars a gallon !!!) If you can find it on sale, I would say go with the half gallon. Ever since i got a black car I only prefer to use products that are simple to use. I can not stand a wipe on wipe off product that leaves ghosting or dark patch's in the paint. Believe it or not but a LOT of products do this. something I never realized until i got a black car. Pretty much the Wolfgang and pinnacle quick detailers never ever cause this problem. For that alone I prefer to spend the money to use them.

The price of the spritz is why I didn't buy it yet.
I'm sure I'll buy it down the road, I'm weak when it comes to buying great products, I give in:)

Is it truly, 100% worst the money?

Thats something that is very subjective for me to say. Do I feel its worth 90 dollars a gallon... probably not. Are there other products out there that can do the same thing for half the price. probably so..

I suggest you try a free sample product with one of your orders to find out for sure. I cringe when I buy it but I know it works incredibly well on black paint, no matter if its hot, cold, humid, dry. Never streaks and never leaves ghosting, but also protects the paint and has an insane glow to it after curing for an hour. I do think its better than the WG Spritz Sealant.

Timbo7,

You've some great info on the trim sealant there. As far as the paint, Megs UC/UP then you can/should top that with ULW and keep a bottle of Ultimate Spray Wax on hand as well. Durability tests on it have shown it is VERY good! :dblthumb2:

If you really want to step it up though. Instead of topping UC/UP with ULW, move over to M21 2.0 and let it cure for at least a couple of days (this time of year in the cold up where you are) Then you can still top it with Ultimate Liquid or even Ultimate Spray

In warmer weather when you just want to spend quality time with your rides.... You can top ULW with M26 yellow wax for awesome 'pop and depth' but no real durability to speak of. ;)

Back