PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SF-4000 winsheild?

RevHeat
12-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Has anyone used Menzerna SF-4000 on windshields with good results? If so, what pad did you use?

I love menzerna and trying to use it for multiple purposes.

Thanks.

HateSwirls
12-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Works OK using a yellow CG'S pad but only good to clean the glass , it will shine some but hoping your not wanting it to remove scratches because that it won't remove.

I want to try Griot's Pads for glass to see if that would give me better results.
Designed for glass.

Just02896
12-24-2013, 03:28 PM
I use Menz 2500 on a cyan pad to deep clean glass with excellent results. Preps nicely for a glass coating!

Quiksilver5882
12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Never tried the menzerna but I can speak for carpro ceriglass and their glass pads. They work very well!

swanicyouth
12-24-2013, 03:44 PM
It will clean the glass, but will not fix any defects.

RevHeat
12-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I am going to need something stronger as the car is 17 years old and have some imperfections (chips) from rocks.

Just02896
12-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I am going to need something stronger as the car is 17 years old and have some imperfections (chips) from rocks.

I'm not so sure you'll be able to cut deep enough to level out chips without degrading the structural integrity of the glass.

RevHeat
12-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I am not looking for perfection, but would like to see some results. At this point in time I am not sure what I am going to use.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online

Just02896
12-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I am not looking for perfection, but would like to see some results. At this point in time I am not sure what I am going to use.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online

Glass is super hard so any time there are chips, they are usually deep enough to warrant being epoxy filled. My suggestion would be to cut with a dedicated glass polish, have the chips filled, and then polish again and coat the glass. You will probably have some luck with the fine scratches and maybe a few very shallow chips but don't expect a miracle....even though it is Christmas! Lol! :-)

alfadub
12-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Glass is super hard so any time there are chips, they are usually deep enough to warrant being epoxy filled. My suggestion would be to cut with a dedicated glass polish, have the chips filled, and then polish again and coat the glass. You will probably have some luck with the fine scratches and maybe a few very shallow chips but don't expect a miracle....even though it is Christmas! Lol! :-)

Could you give some tips on how to fill glass chips with epoxy?

TroyScherer
12-24-2013, 06:55 PM
If your looking to polish glass and remove imperfections you need CarPro Rayon Glass pads & CeriGlass.

RevHeat
12-24-2013, 07:08 PM
If your looking to polish glass and remove imperfections you need CarPro Rayon Glass pads & CeriGlass.

What would be your final protection that you would use?

TroyScherer
12-24-2013, 07:16 PM
What would be your final protection that you would use?

You could use one of many glass sealant / coatings. ( RainX, Opti Seal, FlyBy30, Wolfs Glass Guard, Opti Glass.

RainX and Opti seal are obviously sealants. And really RainX isn't all that bad if you prep the glass right and apply it thin. It is cheap and easy to use. Opti seal is nice because you can do your glass and the entire car at the same time.

I have been disappointed with FlyBy30. Initially it is amazing but as soon as I need to use wipers it goes bad real quick. It doesn't seem to have the durability against wiper abrasion. My main issue is fine "in town" mist and dirty spray from other cars. It doesn't sheet this off well. But regular rain is impressive.

I am testing Wolfs Glass Guard and Opti Glass at this time. I like Wolfs due to the price. It beads and sheets well. So far it is more durable than FB30 for me. Opti glass is the best out IMO it reduces / eliminates wiper chater, sheds water makes the glass easier to clean.

If price it not an issue I would suggest Opti Glass and the Opti Clean & Protect to maintain.

Just02896
12-24-2013, 07:25 PM
I used pinnacle glass sealant the glass on my plow truck and it worked really well through all the salt and sand of two snowstorms.

Just02896
12-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Could you give some tips on how to fill glass chips with epoxy?

It wouldn't be worth your tooling and product investment. You're better off letting a professional do it. It would be much cheaper!