When Tape Lines Go Bad

HOPTOAD

Reaction score
I think the pic sums it up well.

After watching numerous videos and reading a good bit of threads on cleaning leather seats I decided it was time to get the job done. I wanted to see my results so I threw a strip of 3m painters tape down the middle of the seat for the ol before and after shot. Got my microfibers, Woolite at 8:1 and got to scrubbing, what came off was foul but really didnt help the dye transfer but I didnt really expect it to. I could tell no amount of work was going to remove it so I figured I would check on my progress w the grime. Pulled the tape off and low and behold.. some leather came with it. Any products i can use to cover up the spot? Small peice of duct tape? Some fake leather as seen on TV? Any help would be great.

Thanks
HOPTOAD

I wonder if what came off was an older repair?

Never seen anything like that before...

:dunno:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS9r8BC-Irk]Master Manufacturing ReStor-It Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit - YouTube[/video]

I have a lot of customers with worn and cracked leather. I pass them off to an experienced leather repair guy. Trying to blend the paste and work it is really hard to do.

Back