Your recommended car wash soap?

autodetailer

Reaction score
I have done a search of the forums, but haven't really found a clear answer.

Until now, I have been buying soap in bulk from a local supplier. It's supplier branded, nothing fancy. Seems to work well enough, but I am wondering if my money might be better spent elsewhere.

I am located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The cars I deal with this time of year are DIRTY. Covered in road grime, calcium, salt, etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Duragloss, Griots, Poorboys, Optimum, and Einszett are all personal favorites.

Duragloss is my go to. Griots is good too but more expensive

I too like the Duragloss, I like the smell, seems to have good lubricity, and it seems to rinse clean also.

I've only bought this locally, and at $6/pint, to me that doesn't sound that inexpensive.
I'm almost out, and I think next time I'll just pop for the big Gallon size instead. I'm sure I can order it. If not, next time I need some goodies from AG, I'll include some in an order.

If I can get it locally for around the price AG advertises it for (per gallon), then that seems like a better deal economically.

Otherwise, any other shampoos sold locally here, by mothers-meguiars-etc all seem to have some "wax or shine additive", and I don't want that sort of product.
Mark

Duragloss, meguiars shampoo plus, optimum, ultima paint guard wash.
Just a few of my favorites.

Another Duragloss fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG 901 and CG Citrus Wash Clear are all I use.
You can't beat DG901 for the price!

I used Duragloss and Griots extensively this summer. Loved them both.

I started with P21S but have been using Adam's Shampoo for almost a year now. Very slick, works well, and of course smells great!

Back