PDA

View Full Version : question on the DI all purpose mf towels

twobucket
01-15-2014, 11:54 PM
recent thread on costco towels made me nervous because the many DI towels I have are kind of cheap(actuall not so cheap selling for $4 a piece now). Are they ok on paint for wash?

jamesboyy
01-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Your towels should be alright to use but if you are worried just used extra lubrication when you use those towels on your paint

twobucket
01-16-2014, 12:01 AM
what are some of the towels up a level than DI all purpose MF?

CM8 6MT
01-16-2014, 12:06 AM
LoL, ah the Costco towels threads. They will never end. To answer your question, only you can make that determination on which towels you can use.

Generally, you DONT want to use multi purpose MF towels from Costco because they will marr Soft paint. However, soft paint is very subjective and many members use those towels on their paint without any issues. My car, butter soft paint. They will marr it like no other. Just like polishing, do a test spot and find out, because thats the only way YOU will know for sure.

My recommendation to you, keep those towels for interiors, wheels & tires. Invest your money in some real quality MF towels from Cobra. You wont be dissapointed.

jamesboyy
01-16-2014, 12:08 AM
If you are sticking with the DI microfiber towels then Di microfiber ultra plush or deep blue towel would be better another brand of towels that good are cobra microfiber towels but to make it simple just look for microfiber towels that are 550 gsm to 750 gsm they are really good for water less washing

twobucket
01-16-2014, 12:17 AM
If you are sticking with the DI microfiber towels then Di microfiber ultra plush or deep blue towel would be better another brand of towels that good are cobra microfiber towels but to make it simple just look for microfiber towels that are 550 gsm to 750 gsm they are really good for water less washing

I am open for other brands

My recommendation to you, keep those towels for interiors, wheels & tires. Invest your money in some real quality MF towels from Cobra. You wont be dissapointed.

looks like Cobra is good. Should have bought Cobra in first place..

twobucket
01-17-2014, 04:41 PM
does anyone know what's GSM number of DI all purpose MF towel ?

jamesboyy
01-17-2014, 05:27 PM
The GSM for DI all purpose microfiber towels are around 192 to 220 GSM

Nick McKees37
01-17-2014, 05:30 PM
does anyone know what's GSM number of DI all purpose MF towel ?

That would be a great question to post on the DI forum. :dblthumb2: