UPGP applicator gone bad...

TheFrankenberry

Reaction score
Okay, so the blue microfiber(MF) applicator pad that came with my Ultima Paint Guard Plus was temporarily misplaced and is now destroyed (to someone who cares about their paint, that is).

Knowing how picky everyone is over MF towels, anyone extremely picky on which MF applicator pads are wiped across their paint? Is there a specific reason why MF is recommended over foams used for waxing?

Would the CarPro suede MF cloth wrapped around their foam block be an acceptable method?

Thanks!

I used mine for the first application and threw it away. Since even the 4 oz. bottle never seems to run out, I have switched to the yellow round foam pads Autogeek sells and it works just fine. Anything that allows a thin, controlled application should do.

For what the little yellow pads cost, I use them once on paint and then they become tire dressing applicators. Why take the chance?

Okay, so the blue microfiber(MF) applicator pad that came with my Ultima Paint Guard Plus was temporarily misplaced and is now destroyed (to someone who cares about their paint, that is).

Knowing how picky everyone is over MF towels, anyone extremely picky on which MF applicator pads are wiped across their paint? Is there a specific reason why MF is recommended over foams used for waxing?

Would the CarPro suede MF cloth wrapped around their foam block be an acceptable method?

Thanks!

I use the yellow foam pads, hate the MF applicators, I think they soak up too much product thus resulting in waste.

On dark colors some are getting streaks with a foam applicator.

What bugged me about the Ultima autospa MF applicator was that it linted at bit. I hated chasing those specks after with a lint-free MF towel. Not like you can wash and rinse them, which is why I was looking at other options.

I think I'll order some of the new LC coating applicators. Figure it'll be easier to apply the product more consistently than the red/gold round wax applicators. For the hell of it, I'll also get the CarPro micro suede 20x20cm which work out to $1.50 per cloth.

In any case, I actually have quite a few LC blue flat pads laying around, never used, that I could always just hook up to the Meguair's hand pad.

I appreciate the replies.

LC coating applicators work great, but Optimum Opti-Bond applicators are the king of applicators IMO.I use WOWA and coatings almost exclusively.

On dark colors some are getting streaks with a foam applicator.

True. I like to use a foam applicator with products that require removal. MF applicators are not all created equal. When I apply a WOWA to my car I use a Zaino MF applicator. Super soft and no streaking.

Back