UDM First Use Review

AL417

Reaction score
UDM Initial Thoughts
I used my new UDM on my “test” vehicle which would be my silver 01 Jeep. The paint was swirl free so I thought I would try Menzerna FP, followed by Menzerna Glaze, and then my lsp. I used the UDM for all applications. Keep in mind this is an initial review having only used the UDM on one vehicle that did not have any paint correction needed. I just wanted to pass along my first impressions.

This is comparing the UDM to the PC.

Pro’s
More power
Less vibration
No rattling
Smooth operation
Doesn’t bog down
Less noise
Easy to handle

Con’s
On/off switch housing is not recessed making it too easy to flip it on and off :o
The cord is way too short; I’m used to the PCHD with a 16 gauge 25 ft cord
The UDM doesn’t have a flat edge like the PC; I found myself having to balance it every time I set it down

Non Issues
Ramp down time is longer when turning the UDM off
The speed dial is opposite of the PC
The numbers on the dial are black

Overall I’m extremely happy with the UDM. Even after its first use I can see that my PC will probably not see too much action from now on. I know I’ll be reaching for the UDM for all of my details. The long cord on my PC spoiled me and although it's not a deal breaker on the UDM I'd really like to see a longer cord on it. Looks like I may need to run an extension cord to my extension reel, not ideal but workable. It surprised me at how much this one thing bothered me while detailing.

I’m sorry that I didn’t have an eye popping detail that could show the UDM’s capabilities in this review. My thanks to the UDM users that have already posted those for us to see. Instead all I can offer at this point is my initial reaction to using the UDM.

Thanks Al for your review.
I too do not like the on/off switch, and the short cord.

Thank you for sharing, looks like the HD chord spoiled you!
PS- wheres the pics?!

AL..Congrats on your new UDM..Thanks for taking the time to share.

AL417, that's a nice review and yes congrats on your your new toy. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed your review.

Another BIG Thank You to AG for the UDM. :applause:
I was one of the lucky winners!

Back