PDA

View Full Version : What is best to remove road grime but not remove wax?

StangOwner11
02-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I just had my 2011 black Mustang buffed out including a couple minor scratches wet sanded. The vehicles paint was sealed ect but was curious what is best to maintain the great shine and also to remove road grime ect on front bumper from highway driving. Btw this is my first post on this forum. Been on many other forums and always browsed here but figured it was time to join:) thanks for the help!!:xyxthumbs:

Just02896
02-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Diluted OPC during a wash works well to melt away bugs and other junk from bumpers and lower rocker panels. A fine clay mitt also works well to remove contaminants.

mg6045
02-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Auto Finesse Citrus Power !

Auto Finesse Citrus Power (http://www.autogeek.net/auto-finesse-citrus-power.html)

It doesnt get any better than this product IME. And its tough to believe , but it will not effect the beading of even the most delicate wax. It doesnt make much sense when you see the cleaning power it has, but its true.

btw, welcome !

Bunky
02-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Auto Finesse Citrus Power !

Auto Finesse Citrus Power (http://www.autogeek.net/auto-finesse-citrus-power.html)

It doesnt get any better than this product IME.

Have you used Poorboy's Bug Squash 1:3 ? It is LSP cleaner at that dilution? The AF is on my want to try list.

mg6045
02-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Have you used Poorboy's Bug Squash 1:3 ? It is LSP cleaner at that dilution? The AF is on my want to try list.

I have a few years ago, but I never compared the products. The main reason I stick with citrus products like Auto Finess is because it wont cloud up my clear film protection of the front clip. I've been burned in the past many times with companys saying this or that is clear bra safe only to cloud the crap out of them. The only products I know for absolute 100 certainty will not cloud up the clear film are P21S Auto Wash and Auto Finesse Citrus Power.

Also Citrus Power it insanely effective. I have not found a touchless cleaner that works better. Its cleans better touchless than OPC 3:1 but wont risk removing wax.

I highly suggest you try citrus power. I really feel its Auto Finesses best core product. And really stands out compared to my shelf of pre-wash products. including Auto Finesse Avalanche. I prefer citrus power over the pre wash foam.