UDM and Egde2K adaptor.

Superblackbird

Reaction score
Yet to get the UK version of the UDM which probably be available by early next month if thats only true.My questions is will there be an issue if i use the Egde2k with the UDM and with the adaptor how do i get it dead center if that possible?

the edge pads are approved for use with the UDM...the pads are self centering because thats how they hook up to the adapter...

DavidB said he does not reccomend the edge 2k pads yet as they seemed to vibrate a liitle more than normal...he is working on a new counter weight so it will decrease the vibration

this is from DavidB on his site....

I spent a lot of time testing the Edge 2000 system with the UDM prototype machines. On this machine, the vibration is about the same I experienced using a 3.5" adapter and a 4" spot pad. This was acceptable. HOWEVER, I have since gone back and tested Edge 2000 with our production machine, and the vibration is excessive.

So, I DO NOT RECOMMEND the UDM 1000 for Edge 2000 users until I have a properly balanced counterweight.

Hope this helps......I am sure it will not be long till he resolves it...

Al

Al-53 said:
DavidB said he does not reccomend the edge 2k pads yet as they seemed to vibrate a liitle more than normal...he is working on a new counter weight so it will decrease the vibration

this is from DavidB on his site....

I spent a lot of time testing the Edge 2000 system with the UDM prototype machines. On this machine, the vibration is about the same I experienced using a 3.5" adapter and a 4" spot pad. This was acceptable. HOWEVER, I have since gone back and tested Edge 2000 with our production machine, and the vibration is excessive.

So, I DO NOT RECOMMEND the UDM 1000 for Edge 2000 users until I have a properly balanced counterweight.

Hope this helps......I am sure it will not be long till he resolves it...

Al
I tested my UDM with Edge 2000 pads, and noticed less vibrations then with PC7424. I don't know where you are getting excessive vibrations from, I don't.

supercharged said:
I tested my UDM with Edge 2000 pads, and noticed less vibrations then with PC7424. I don't know where you are getting excessive vibrations from, I don't.

I just posted what DavidB the owner of UMD tools said...as some have had serious vibrations....it may varie between machines....he just advised not to use it till he had a newer wieght made for it....

Al

Al-53 said:
I just posted what DavidB the owner of UMD tools said...as some have had serious vibrations....it may varie between machines....he just advised not to use it till he had a newer wieght made for it....

Al
I read the same thing..DavidB posted he was working with Aron to fix the problem and didn't recommend the E2K pads at the present time...

I was thinking about trading in my PC for a UDM during the recent 15% off sale, but changed my mind when I found out about the issue with Edge pads.

Al-53 said:

Al
Thanks for the heads up, Al. For right now I just won't exceed speed 5 on UDM with Edge 2000 kit.
with LC, again, main problem - backing plate will literally melt it using machine at speed 6.

supercharged said:
Thanks for the heads up, Al. For right now I just won't exceed speed 5 on UDM with Edge 2000 kit.
with LC, again, main problem - backing plate will literally melt it using machine at speed 6.

Also DavidB said that most corrections can be made at speed 4-5....his did a demo showing so....he said speed 6 for scratch removal....he has the operating manual on his site...for download....has all the speeds and what they can do...

AL

please correct me if i`m wrong.The counter weight is not compatible with the UDM.

Superblackbird said:
please correct me if i`m wrong.The counter weight is not compatible with the UDM.

Are you asking if you can use the counter weight from your PC on your UDM? If so I believe the answer is no.

Back