Estimated time to do...

Lexi65

Reaction score
a 2 bucket method car wash for a mid-size vehicle? All
responses appreciated. Feed back please. :buffing:

It should be anywhere from 30 mins to a hour but that's just rough guess cause washing your most prised vehicle could take anywhere from a hour to ten or more hours

It takes me about 3-4 hours to do a careful wash, maybe 1 or 2 for an aggressive wash.

This includes pulling everything out and then putting it all away.

Did a Toyota highlander today cleaned the wheels good and wash ,vacuum wipe down, it took me 1 hour and 30 mins

It all depends for me, but I am always taking out my phone to take pictures or using my DSLR or having someone take pictures for me.

(can't wait for my shutter control to get here :) )

Usually about 2-4 hours for me (exterior only)

Setup my equipment

I wash the wheels, wheel wells, tires with a wheel cleaner or APC depending on the condition and I use a separate designated wash bucket for wheel and tires (I have about 10 brushes for wheels and tires alone and a designated wash mitt for this and 2 grit guards for this bucket alone, I'll show you guys later with what idea I came up with) I use Meguiar's Gold Class soap for this btw

Wash the car - foam gun and 2BM (I have 3 mitts for my paint alone) I then use UWW+ for my drying aid and I dab the paint dry)

Clean windows (interior/exterior)

wax wheels

dress tires and wheel wells

remove wax off wheels

Then pickup my gear and put it away

(it took me longer when I had to wax my car, but cleaning up the paint is a breeze now since it is Opti Coated, I highly recommend others coat their paint)

I like to wash the exterior about once a week. The interior I do once every 2 weeks (give or take)

I am always thinking about how I work when I cook. Meaning, I try to never cross contaminate. Every brush, towel, bucket, grit guard etc.. each has it's own designated job.

An hour to wash the wheels and another hour to wash the car.
That's using the two bucket method.

About 11/2 hours from set up to complete finish. That includes degreasing door jam hinges.

I am shocked at some of the times people report. I mean 3-10+ hours for a wash? Are we using q-tips or washing a bus?

3-4 hours on my Grand Cherokee for the weekly foam gun & 2B wash (exterior only + quick wipe down of the door jambs)...
if I don't have enough time, I do a "quick" 2 hours wash with the same method but excluding:
cleaning wheels & tires with dedicated cleaners & brushes (just clean them with wash soap & separate mitt)
cleaning door jambs
waxing the wheels & dressing the tires
I know I'm slow :(

I think the general conception here is based on whether your`e doing a customer car and its a quick wash or full wash or your personal car, which we all baby.

Back