New to group and need a plan

Tonya

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I need help creating a routine to keep my car protected. So far I have bought some general cleaning products, Poorboy's wash, Sheepskin Wash Mitt, Foam Gun, Ultimate Guzzler, the general basics and Klasse Sealant Glaze. I really do not see myself as someone who will truely enjoy detailing and become addicted to it, althought I am becoming addicted to this forum. So my thought is use the Sealant once a year and hopefully wax every two or three months. Now... where I really get confussed is what do I do if I need to reapply the Sealant next year. I guess.... I would have to remove the wax, right? How is that done? Is there a Video or information section on that?
Thanks,
Tonya
Feed back please

you can remove the entire sealant/wax combo with a good polish or chemical paint cleaner.
of course by next year you will have a UDM to polish and apply the paint cleaner!
you bought some good basic supplies. have you clayed yet?

You can also remove LSP by a higher concentration of CG Citrus wash. Removes wax and sealants.

No I have not bought any clay yet. Still in the learning process trying to figure out what I will need. Until I watched the video clip, I thought who in their right mind would use a clay bar on their car. Now I get it. I will be putting together another order soon. How often do you clay? Oh- this is a new car, just got it about a week ago. Just plan on washing it this weekend when my order gets here.

Wash, Clay, Re-Wash, Polish, Glaze, Seal. Yes, your new car does need to be clayed. If you have a light-color car you can skip the glaze if you want. If you live in a harsh-weather area (extreme heat/humidity/near the ocean or very harsh winters) you should seal every 6 months (imho). Buy a good quality spray wax (like Aquawax) that's fast and easy to apply after each weekly or bi-weekly wash. Buy a good quality QD to remove bird droppings, etc. between washes. Buy only 70/30 microfiber towels for your painted surfaces, 80/20 microfibers should be relegated to interiors, wheels, etc. While it may seem like an awful lot of work at the beginning, if you continue a good appearance maintenance schedule you will be absolutely amazed at how nice your car will look even after a few years. You don't have to be obsessive, compulsive about it either. Be careful though, it's really easy to get caught up in it as sooo many of us can attest to. Good luck with your new baby (car).

Thanks!
I would have never tought about using detailer for bird droppings. I already bought Meguiar's Last touch spray detailer and Klasse high gloss sealant glaze in my first order. I had to look at the list Sparkie send me to figure out what QD was. I am learning. So.... do you just spray the QD and wipe off the bird droppings? I normally would rewash that section of the car. Thanks for the information! Sorry for the follow up questions. My new order should be here tomorrow, can't wait to check out the foam gun.
Tonya

I carry baby wipes in the trunk to take care of bird dropping when I'm away from home. If they're good enough for a baby's bottom, they should be good enough for my car.

Just spray the QD on the dropping, let it soak for a few seconds, then wipe off.

Back