Looking for a new Wheel / Tire cleaner to try out.

EvolutionDetail

Reaction score
So i am looking for a new wheel / tire cleaner to add to my arsenal.

These 2 are what i am currently looking at.

MEGUIAR'S D140 WHEEL BRIGHTENER

MEGUIAR'S D143 NON-ACID WHEEL & TIRE CLEANER

What is your opinion on these 2?
Which one would you recommend and why?

If it was me I would get meguiars d143 for the fact that it's non acid, powerful but gentle, and dilutable too, the reason why I would not get the wheel brighter is cause I could find it locally for 8 dollars a gallon, and I don't used that much only when trying to attempt to remove brake dust

Stay away from D140. It is acid based, very toxic, and very dangerous. Try Sonax Full Effect or CarPro Trix.

CarPro Trix for wheels. Tuf Shine tire cleaner is BY FAR the best I've tried. There is no way you can be disappointed with it. If you get it and don't like it ill buy it off of you :)

Thanks guys.
I am trying to find a AFFORDABLE cleaner, that it be diluted.
Something i can use for everyday use, without having to worry damaging wheels and what not.

I want something i can just grab off my shelf and spray like crazy.

Brown royal works pretty good for a semi inexpensive cleaner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

I've used gallons of Meguiars WB, I've never had it mess up anything, except brake dust. It is usually my last resort, but if used properly, is very effective for super cleaning almost any wheel, except bare aluminum.

Brown royal works pretty good for a semi inexpensive cleaner.

Brown Royal is the only wheel cleaner I use anymore. It's a great product and very reasonably priced.

I would go with D143. Can be used for regular maintenance washes or even dirty wheels and tires.

Just make sure your using it on the right type of metal. Test spots are your friend.

For me I use the Meguair's D-140 , 3:1.
If used properly it works very well, no more having to work your butt off when cleaning neglected wheels.
Never had an issue with it.
Just not for use on aluminum wheels.

If the wheels aren't bad I use Spray Nine, works very well, even safe on plastics.

You can dilute the D-140 up to 5:1 which would make you six gallons:dblthumb2:

I'm a fan of 140 as well, but only in extreme cases. I'm mixing it up between uber, sonax and I have some BR. My garage queen rarely needs more than soap. Clients need more.

Thanks guys. I am trying to find a AFFORDABLE cleaner, that it be diluted. Something i can use for everyday use, without having to worry damaging wheels and what not. I want something i can just grab off my shelf and spray like crazy.

Wheel cleaners are expensive --- believe me I understand. Others use the two you mentioned and that's fine for them, but you will never catch me using them on customers cars. I have enough to worry about, I don't need to worry about cooking someones wheels or myself.

Thanks guys.
I am trying to find a AFFORDABLE cleaner, that it be diluted.
Something i can use for everyday use, without having to worry damaging wheels and what not.

I want something i can just grab off my shelf and spray like crazy.

I have various products for various wheel types and condition of them.

I use Sonax for most german, and filthy wheels, but for regular maintenance i use a Meguire's orange degreaser (APC) diluted along with some ONR for added lubricity. It cleans wheels and tires pretty well.

At times i'll add some soap to the mix.

The Meguire's orange degreases is safe and cheap by the gallon.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
For some odd reason, these 2 Meguiar product have been on my to buy list for a very long time. I just want to try them out.

I bought a gallon of the non acid wheel and tire cleaner instead of WB.

What would you all recommend for Kosei K1s... They are powder coated and apparently a friend can't get brake dust off. He's tried Sonax already and said it didn't work.
Thoughts?

What would you all recommend for Kosei K1s... They are powder coated and apparently a friend can't get brake dust off. He's tried Sonax already and said it didn't work.
Thoughts?

you could try claying, acid(after doing a hidden spot to see if it will effect the wheel negatively or not) or best option have them refinished and apply a paint coating

CarPro Trix for wheels. Tuf Shine tire cleaner is BY FAR the best I've tried. There is no way you can be disappointed with it. If you get it and don't like it ill buy it off of you :)
This ^^^^
And plus after using the tire cleaner the Tuf Shine clearcoat is pretty darn good too! Heads up though TRIX stinks, but damn does it work.

Cheers
Phil

Brown Royal is the only wheel cleaner I use anymore. It's a great product and very reasonably priced.

I have been using BROWN ROYAL for years one of the better products, I can spray wheel well, wheel and tires on all four come back MOST times and just hit with pressure washer (No scrubbing)

Back