Koyo Radiator Polishing?

ARizzle

Reaction score
Happy Sunday everyone!

I recently got the opportunity to work on a friend's STi that is a race-car. The car will be showcased at a local show and the engine bay will be displayed.

I am going to be working on the engine bay tomorrow with the help of my steamer (VX5000), and I noticed yesterday upon looking at it, that the Koyo Radiator's upper portion was dull.
Here's a picture of an actual brand new Koyo Rad...
http://image.superstreetonline.com/..._z+1992_honda_civic_sir_eg6+koyo_radiator.jpg
^The pic above is on a Honda, but this is the part of the rad I'm referring to that is dull.

The radiator itself is made of aluminum, and I just wanted to confirm that the process I want to go about is safe, and will yield good results...
1) Clean up area with either steamer or waterless wash from a spray bottle
2) Dry with Microfiber
3) Use Autoglym Metal Polish on a MF Towel
4) Remove and Follow up with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
5) Remove

Are these two products (Autoglym Metal Polish, and Mothers Mag & Alu. Polish) safe to use on the Koyo Rad?

Thanks so much!

I`ve never used those products before, but I have used Mothers metal polish with Power Ball to do intercoolers for friends. I then seal them.

Seeing the results Zach gets with CG metal shine, I would go that route. I have used p21s polishing soap successfully, it cleans very well, but you won't get the amazing finish of CG metal shine (at least I don't)

Autoglym say their metal polish is designed to work on things like aluminium so you should be fine

Mothers polish is amazing. Go for it. I'm using it on my Mishimoto rad before I Opti-Coat it.

Back