PDA

View Full Version : How to protect brand new car paint and interior?

onelovelyzee
03-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 14' Forester Xt the other day. I want to make sure the paint is protected from the elements.

What products and methods do you guys suggest I use to protect the paint? I currently have Klasse sealant. Would this be fine? Do I just need to wash and dry the car to get it ready to be sealed?

what products do you suggest to guard the dashboard from being faded or cracked? How about for the seats?

CM8 6MT
03-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Many will suggest various products for the paint.

However for interior protection, my vote goes to Ultima Interior Guard Plus. I use it on my clients cars often.

aburgeson
03-21-2014, 04:28 PM
A good clay of the car would ensure it is free from debris. Should be quick too if the car is new. Klasse sealant would work great but maybe put klasse all in one polish on first. That way it really looks good

Kevin Cullen
03-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Products stated above are the way to go. Plus one on AIO polish before KSG.

BFEHB
03-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 14' Forester Xt the other day. I want to make sure the paint is protected from the elements.

What products and methods do you guys suggest I use to protect the paint? I currently have Klasse sealant. Would this be fine? Do I just need to wash and dry the car to get it ready to be sealed?

what products do you suggest to guard the dashboard from being faded or cracked? How about for the seats?My son got a new car in December. For the exterior paint we washed, used Iron X, used clay bar (it was amazing how many contaminants were on the paint), applied Klasse AIO (use this on the windows too) and then 2 applications of Klasse SG. One of the things that I really like about both Klasse AIO and SG is you do not have to mask the trim (at least I don't mask when I use either of these products). Neither product will stain the trim. On the exterior trim we used Mother's Back to Black Cleaner and then CQuartz DLUX as the trim protectant/sealant. The car turned out great!

onelovelyzee
03-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the replies so far!

I just finished clay barring the car. I skipped the polish step (got too dark outside) and use Klasse sealant right after. How long should I leave the sealant on?