Hazing Vs. Marring

Darren F

Reaction score
What is the difference between Hazing and Marring? How do you go about correcting them?

They are, at least in my opinion the same thing. The result of improper polishing or a brush against something with an abrasive texture.
These imperfections generally can be corrected with a mildly abrasive polishing with a UDM and polishing pad.

Would a product like XMT360 work with a polishing pad?

Hazing is the result of a polish not broken down properly and the results are a hazing of the paint...or from using a cutting pad and a strong cut polish...the hazing looks like millions of little hooks on the paint thus causing the paint to look hazy...they need to be removed with a finer polish...some call this micro marring...

marring is from improper washing...Qd'ing and many other ways....and the grit leaves a a finer scratch..the results turn to spiderwebing...

AL

Al-53 said:
Hazing is the result of a polish not broken down properly and the results are a hazing of the paint...or from using a cutting pad and a strong cut polish...the hazing looks like millions of little hooks on the paint thus causing the paint to look hazy...they need to be removed with a finer polish...some call this micro marring...

marring is from improper washing...Qd'ing and many other ways....and the grit leaves a a finer scratch..the results turn to spiderwebing...

AL
:iagree: :iagree:

So would XMT360 correct this or would you use something else? If you were to use something else what would it be?

XMT360 would work just fine. Pretty much and mildly abrasive polish would work.

I have Lake Country pads....I have Orange Light Cutting Pads and White Polishing Pads...

I would start with the white and 360, give it time to do its thing.

Use the white polishing pad with the XMT to polish out the Haze.....It may take a pass or two ..but will work....your using the finer abrasives in XMT to polish and not the cut of a pad as much.....just like finishing wood..you use a liter grit...you should get a nicer looking finish...

AL

Used the 360 with a White Polishing Pad over the weekennd, great results...Thanks everyone

Back