PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Washing...

Pages : [1] 2

crober53
03-24-2014, 09:55 PM
I just got an offer to wash the vehicles at a dealership. This would be an all year contract. They are insisting $2 per car. 200+/- cars. Anyone have experience of this? I've heard $3-$5 but didn't know if anyone had better experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Are they asking you to do them as they sit on the lot?

crober53
03-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes. Just a walk by spray off and dry. Nothing else. No tires wheels etc.

Matt@FourAcesMD
03-24-2014, 10:16 PM
From what I understand $2-$3 per car is the norm. Especially if it's a year long contract. How many times a month? And do you use their equipment or do you have a mobile setup with power and water?

SYMAWD
03-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes. Just a walk by spray off and dry. Nothing else. No tires wheels etc.

They do it where I work. Between 4-5 guys they are done in about an hour doing maybe 100 cars. One guy sprays and the rest dry.

Do you plan on doing it by your self? It could take quite a while to do 200 cars and not to mention tiring.

FUNX650
03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
At what intervals:
Once a week, once every two weeks, monthly......?

Here's a good, interesting read:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/75554-dealer-wipe-downs-1-per-car.html

Bob

crober53
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Once every two weeks. Use my equipment. Unsure about water source. However I'll find a person or two willing to help. So $2-3 is average?

EliteDetailing
03-24-2014, 10:39 PM
$2 to $3 Is standard in my area in the Midwest

crober53
03-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys. I'm gonna run the numbers tomorrow after I speak with the lady and ask some more questions. I'm thinking filter system, rinseless wash in the mix tank, and one or two to dry. I'll have to figure out how to make it as quick as possible.

mrdetails1
03-24-2014, 11:22 PM
$2.00 a car in my area of MI. Holograms and swirls are free.

rolop6
03-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Prices vary. Some pay $1-$1.50 per car. I've seen it done and it's a horrible job, water spots everywhere. But money is money for some and dealerships don't care

Status
03-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah dealership don't care. Water, pressure, and terry cloths will do.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Real Riders
03-25-2014, 12:28 AM
I just got an offer to wash the vehicles at a dealership. This would be an all year contract. They are insisting $2 per car. 200+/- cars. Anyone have experience of this? I've heard $3-$5 but didn't know if anyone had better experience.

If there are 200 cars on the lot and you wash 100 cars in 8 hours , you will make $100 each per day if you have two workers

Real Riders
03-25-2014, 12:39 AM

Washing cars on the lot is not for everyone. Back in the 1980's I detailed cars at a Chrysler Dealer and the company hired a guy just to wash cars. He was out there for about 2 hours and came into the detail bay and said the job was not worth it and quit on the spot. Everyone the company hired to wash cars eventually worked their way in the detail bay. No one liked washing cars on the lot. I have washed hundreds of cars on the lot and it's hard work and very hot in the summer but i still do it.

Real Riders
03-25-2014, 12:48 AM

Right now I wash cars for dealers but I will not wash the cars for less that $5 per car and I still feel like it's too low

Wash the car
Dry the car
wipe down the wheels and wheel wells
Dress tires

I can wash 3 cars per hour which at $5 per car = $15 an hour using dealer water less the cost of my products and drive time. I use car wash soap and Armor All from Big Lots . This year I will dilute the Armor All 2:1 with water to save more money since dealer car tires don't need a glossy shine