A new member and Beginner!!

PeterPistol

Reaction score
This is my first time using a polisher. I had purchased the Griots club kit. I own a 14 maroon silverado & 13 silver lexus rx 350 which are only a few months old. I wash both these vehicles every other week. I have clayed both trucks and waxed them about two weeks ago. I am just a little confused about the discussions about polishes and glazes. Are they recommended for newer cars? I don't have any scratches or swirls in the paint! I use the 2 bucket system and the trucks get dried with the metro vac and blow.my other question is when claying a car does that remove the wax. I am receiving my da polisher monday and next week I want to put a paint sealant on both trucks and a coat of wax. Just a little confused about the correct steps! Thanks

This is my first time using a polisher. I had purchased the Griots club kit. I own a 14 maroon silverado & 13 silver lexus rx 350 which are only a few months old. I wash both these vehicles every other week. I have clayed both trucks and waxed them about two weeks ago. I am just a little confused about the discussions about polishes and glazes. Are they recommended for newer cars? I don't have any scratches or swirls in the paint! I use the 2 bucket system and the trucks get dried with the metro vac and blow.my other question is when claying a car does that remove the wax. I am receiving my da polisher monday and next week I want to put a paint sealant on both trucks and a coat of wax. Just a little confused about the correct steps! Thanks

Welcome to autogeek, when you clay bar a vehicle yes it will remove the wax, a polish removes light/medium defects in the paint while a glaze nourish the paint its basically like a lotion

Back