Water spots in Houston Type 2

aether850

Reaction score
Hello to all :
I am new to the forum but have been reading for quite a while. I have recently bought a 2011 silver 370Z and can't seem to get rid of water spots on the hood and windshield .. Mainly annoyed by the spots from a foot away it looks great however driving and the right light you can see the etching from the water spots .. i have washed and clayed and polished twice .. only by hand as i do not have any machine power .. Anyone in the Houston area want to meet up to try their hand at it ? Or any tips .. seems to be a nuisance that is just slightly annoying , but would like to get them removed or at least mostly removed. Other than clay and meguires ultimate polish i haven't tried anything further. May be something that i'll just have to deal with .

Welcome to autogeek, as for your question try meguiars water spot remover its an otc product that can be bought at stores like pep boys also note you will want a little hand pressure when working this product another you can try would be menzerna fg400 and sf4500 lastly look into buying a harbor harbor freight polisher....good luck

Thanks for the welcome ! Seems to be alot of good information on this site! I was thinking about the Meguiars water spot remover , does this cut better than the Meguiars ultimate polish ?

I am right by the Horse Track / right outside Jersey Village
... going to upload a pic of the issue .. pardon the quality but you should get the idea.

You can see from a distance looks good, but in the correct lighting from looking out the windshield over the hood you can catch the water spots... looks like the car sat and got rained on for a while without proper protection.. we have had quite the rain this year..

Thank you all thus far for the tips ! Much appreciated .

So a new update , I went last week and met with Anson over at Vive and he took a look and did a little test spot on the hood . The Z will be getting this fixed as well as a full detail tomorrow . I'll let you all know how it turns out, though i have little doubt by seeing his work on here .

I actually took the Z over to clarity (were alot closer to my location ) and they did a fantastic job ! No more water spots and full paint correction followed with Cquartz . I don't have a pic on this computer but if you check out Clarity's thread I think they touched on it a bit .

Back