need some advice on how to remove surface blemish

NewXJ

Reaction score
My daughter brushed a pole covered in plastic and it left a white plastic like surface material on the bumper. What product can I use to try and get it removed. I was thinking clay bar or some kind of rubbing compound?

Here's a pic
eduha9e5.jpg

Start with clay and then a light polish. If that doesn't work step up to the next level polish. Can you catch your nail in the marks?

Start with clay and then a light polish. If that doesn't work step up to the next level polish. Can you catch your nail in the marks?

What polish do u recommend I use? Yes I can catch my nail on it

Since it catches your nail you won't be of the completely remove the marks but you can make it look better. What polishes do have available to you? If none you should be able to find Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish locally.

Since it catches your nail you won't be of the completely remove the marks but you can make it look better. What polishes do have available to you? If none you should be able to find Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish locally.

Only have Blackfire total polish and shine...will have to get what u recommended

I'm kind of confused on your fingernail answer. Is it catching in a scratch or is it catching because there is something on the surface of the paint?

I'm kind of confused on your fingernail answer. Is it catching in a scratch or is it catching because there is something on the surface of the paint?

Catching on the surface

If its catching material left from the pole then you just need to get that material off. Clay bar may do it, or some scrubbing with something like a bug sponge and then polish any marring out.

If its catching actual scrapes into the paint itself then polishing can help to hide it but probably not completely eliminate it. Sanding can help more, but you still only have so much to work with. Just polishing on its own helps hide deep scratches enough that 99% of people will not notice them from 5'.

If it's plastic then something like the bug sponge mentioned above may take it off. I don't think clay will but it might.

Back