Product Review: Optimum Protectant Plus

supercharged

Reaction score
It's been I while since I've done a review on products.
I tried Optimum Protectant Plus. This protectant is simply a hidden gem in detailing. Very easy application - just spray on damp (I like this idea for product efficiency) MF applicator and wipe it one. That's it. No buffing, no wiping. It simply dries in 5 minutes leaving almost natural shine - very little gloss. Dries to the touch. Non greasy nor sticky. That's exactly what I was looking for. I like it on vinyl, and leather.
This is a first protectant I've noticed softens leather. Never seen it from DP, nor Poorboy's Natural Look.

I'd highly recommend OP+ for anybody who haven't tried it to try it. It is very cost effective for pro detailers and will keep your customers happy.

Simly a hidden gem in car detailing.

POST EDITED: PICS ADDED.

Last edited:
Perfect time since Im looking for a new interior protectant. Pictures please.

Told you :D, I love the stuff, excellent product and deffinitley a hidden gem. How did you like the smell? For some reason I like it, even though its defintiley not fruity or anything. And I also noticed it soften my leather over other products.

I still haven't got around to using mine. I really need to try it out as I need to redo my dash.

:iagree: 100%. I love the stuff...only dressing I will ever use inside a car. I have found other are way too shiny or oily feeling.

Nice review supercharged.

D&D Auto Detailing said:
Perfect time since Im looking for a new interior protectant. Pictures please.
I will take them tomorow.

Surfer said:
Told you :D, I love the stuff, excellent product and deffinitley a hidden gem. How did you like the smell? For some reason I like it, even though its defintiley not fruity or anything. And I also noticed it soften my leather over other products.
Smells like burned plastic:D , but I kinda like it.

wytstang said:
I still haven't got around to using mine. I really need to try it out as I need to redo my dash.
try it, you will love it.

r_wain said:
:iagree: 100%. I love the stuff...only dressing I will ever use inside a car. I have found other are way too shiny or oily feeling.

Nice review supercharged.
yep, I think I will need a gallon of it later.

supercharged said:
yep, I think I will need a gallon of it later.

Yeah it is about time for me to order another one.

I think it smells like leather... I heard they are changing the smell so hopefully it will still smell good. I don't care for the fruity smell in my car.

Good review Supercharged plus a pretty impressive line up of guys giving testimony to this product. It's down for the next order.

r_wain said:

I think it smells like leather... I heard they are changing the smell so hopefully it will still smell good. I don't care for the fruity smell in my car.
Yeh I didn't get why everyone said it smelled so horrible, it reminded me of leather, like real leather, not some imitated smell.

r_wain said:

That's one thing I son't like about Poorboy's NL is its cherry smell.

Real men like the smell of Optimum Protectant Plus:cheers:

Though I wouldn't mind DP Interior only b/c I like the smell of banannas, just had a beer that has a bananna taste..mmm yummy

I bought 16oz to try it out and this is by far the best protectant! last a long time too! The smell kinda turn me off but at least it works 100%, I love the smell of pb natural look alot more compared to op but I still prefer op

next time I'm buying some I will buy the gallon for sure

Thanks for the fine review.:applause: Let us know how long it lasts.

Yeah, thank you for the review. I'm almost out of my Meg's NXT interior protectant, and looking to try something different. This sounds like exactly what i'm looking for.

Surfer said:
Real men like the smell of Optimum Protectant Plus:cheers:

Though I wouldn't mind DP Interior only b/c I like the smell of banannas, just had a beer that has a bananna taste..mmm yummy

Yeah if it had to be a fruity smell I would chose bananas too.

What beer did you drink that taste like bananas? I might have to try that...sounds interesting :cheers:

Back