In car DVD?

Bags

Reaction score
My wifes Expedition came with one of those rear dvd players that is the best thing in the world if you have small kids. I have a 2005 Honda Accord EX sedan and I want to put a dvd player in there for her. I wish the one in the Ford was bigger but then again you cant see out of the rear view mirror. I want to get one for the Honda. What after market dvd players are some of you guys and gals using. Anyone using the ones that go in the headrest? Also where are some good places to get these? Do they have to be installed by a pro? Thanks for the help.

I installed an after market head unit (built in DVD player as well as many other options) and installed a pair of Vizualogic headrest monitors (9" screens). They aren't cheap.... I believe I paid around $1400 for the pair about two years ago. That was just the headrest!!
Granted, they are a perfect match to the factory and it was very easy to install. There are plenty of others out there for a fraction of the cost but keep in mind.... you get what you pay for.

They make something now (I see them all the time) that strap to the headrest. They are not perminant and both hook into a single DVD player. I have no clue on pricing or where to get them, but since I see all the socer moms with them, my first bet would be WalMart or Target.

Bags said:
My wifes Expedition came with one of those rear dvd players that is the best thing in the world if you have small kids. I have a 2005 Honda Accord EX sedan and I want to put a dvd player in there for her. I wish the one in the Ford was bigger but then again you cant see out of the rear view mirror. I want to get one for the Honda. What after market dvd players are some of you guys and gals using. Anyone using the ones that go in the headrest? Also where are some good places to get these? Do they have to be installed by a pro? Thanks for the help.
Number one thing I will recommend you will be ckeck with your state laws about window tint, and tint your rear side and rear windows as dark as possible. Otherwinse it can get stolen, like on my friends Pilot.

oh the tint is not an issue. I have 15% all around on the Honda and may go to 5% on the back. The Ford rear is between 1 and 0%. I was just looking around and was thinking about a tablet DVD which I think is close to what Greg'sGoat is talking about. Ill check out target and Wal Mart.. Good call. B&T some day when I hit those lottery numbers I ll get a car worthy of some high end gear but for a 2 1/2 year old $200.00 at Wally World may fit the bill. Thanks guys.

Back