PDA

View Full Version : Don't let family wash your car

Saturnhusker
04-15-2014, 08:07 PM
I let my brother use my car while his was in the shop for a day. It rained and he lives on a dirt road. Well he filled it with gas & washed it at a car wash before he brought it back. Well as soon as I walked up I could see where he used a shampoo brush on my newly polished & waxed paint. I didn't say anything to him. So today did it all again.

HD.Detailing
04-15-2014, 08:14 PM
wow, i would have showed him and then made him come help polish, need to learn someday

jamesboyy
04-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news thought it was nice of him to try and help, a suggestion would be have him over one day and you two wash your cars but in the process you teach him a thing or two

Saturnhusker
04-15-2014, 10:17 PM
It was nice of him and I will have him help me great idea. I just went out tonight and noticed a bird crapped all over the back lol had to happen before I put the coat of wax on.

Auto95
04-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Was it a big bird?

Saturnhusker
04-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Yep dropped a few land mines back window part of the roof trunk down the sides. No trees where I park so it fly by mission lol

BobbyG
04-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Things like this do happen....:awman:

His intentions were sincere and he was trying to show appreciation for the use of your car...You have to realize that "we" are not your average Joe when it comes to car care....:laughing:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-16-2014, 05:53 AM
His intentions were sincere and he was trying to show appreciation for the use of your car...You have to realize that "we" are not your average Joe when it comes to car care....:laughing:

Agreed.

Best thing to do now is show him proper car care. Maybe one day in the future you guys could start a detailing shop...

GenesisCoupe
04-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Sucks that his happened but just as BobbyG said, we are not normal.

215Detailing
04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Things like this do happen....:awman:

+1

nissenc1337
04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Yup. Extend Grace.

Life is all about raking leaves that aren't yours and picking up messes you didn't make.

I think you handled it well albeit the frustration.