Chemical Guys in Houston

Ao1051

Reaction score
I am thinking about opening a store that sells chemical Guys in Houston Texas when I move there in a few months... Would y'all come visit and purchase or do you think I should carry multiple lines?

I would also offer detailing services. Fyi

I wouldn't only carry CG's. There have been a few stores here in southern california that have closed down within a few years. Your limiting yourself and the customers selection.

I live in Houston. Personally, I wouldn't buy much from Chemical Guys.

However, I would patronize a store that carried multiple lines.

OP, just an idea but why don't you carry some of the brands nobody else really does? I mean carry the normal stuff, but I've always been perplexed at how there are quality brands you have a really hard time finding. This is especially true for B&M stores. If I could buy Auto Finesse products at a B&M around me, I'd be out dropping $$$ today.

With that said my main store out here in So Cal is one of the CG locations, but honestly you'd be limiting yourself.

Buy lots of different stuff from various manufacturers, wherever and whenever you can find a deal or sale. Then, put the contents in a unique bottle with your own label. Make it fancy and charge three times the amount as the original and advertise your line as state of the art detailing products. No one will know it is from CGs or Mother's or Duragloss or whoever. Make it a unique name like "Best Detail in the Universe"! Buy tons of microfiber towels from Cotsco or Sams and put three of them in a neat, see through zip lock bag with your logo on it and charge five bucks a towel, again, claim them to be the best towels ever made. Continue with this method of merchandising and you will get rich - I guarantee it! After all, that is what most "name" brands do anyway.

Buy lots of different stuff from various manufacturers, wherever and whenever you can find a deal or sale. Then, put the contents in a unique bottle with your own label. Make it fancy and charge three times the amount as the original and advertise your line as state of the art detailing products. No one will know it is from CGs or Mother's or Duragloss or whoever. Make it a unique name like "Best Detail in the Universe"! Buy tons of microfiber towels from Cotsco or Sams and put three of them in a neat, see through zip lock bag with your logo on it and charge five bucks a towel, again, claim them to be the best towels ever made. Continue with this method of merchandising and you will get rich - I guarantee it! After all, that is what most "name" brands do anyway.

If dishonesty is your thing...knock your lights out.

I'm no lawyer...you may be committing fraud by relabeling products as your own. Doesn't sound like a winning business model.

I'm no lawyer...you may be committing fraud by relabeling products as your own. Doesn't sound like a winning business model.

Seems to be what some companies do now , right ok or wrong.

if your goal is to make a huge profit from selling detailing products, then no, dont do it

if its for customers to maintain their vehicles, then maybe

I'd drive there to check it out.
I'm a fan of CG's so would be fun.

I'd carry other brands though , Meguiar's for sure, most popular.

Sweet thanks for that feed back. I was thinking of coming with my own line... Not stealing others and putting my name on it but indeed creating my own line...but what brands would y'all like to see in something like this

I am thinking about opening a store that sells chemical Guys in Houston Texas when I move there in a few months... Would y'all come visit and purchase or do you think I should carry multiple lines?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket as in don't just carry one line of product. To be honest I just about 5 products of Chemical guys that is about it!

I have visited the CG Headquarter store in Gardena, CA.

Their Grand Opening was today.

Great values on their closeout/old label stuff.

Still not sure the advantage of buying product in-store vs. internet

-You can't really demo anything in the store, other than feeling up the microfibers, which IMO doesn't really tell you much.

-In California, you have 9% sales tax vs. AGO 0% tax

-AGO free shipping, so that actually makes it cheaper vs. gas to drive to a physical location.

I don't think the staff at any detailing store will be as knowledgeable about ALL brands as the Forum Members on AGO.

I have visited the CG Headquarter store in Gardena, CA.

Their Grand Opening was today.

Great values on their closeout/old label stuff.

Still not sure the advantage of buying product in-store vs. internet

-You can't really demo anything in the store, other than feeling up the microfibers, which IMO doesn't really tell you much.

-In California, you have 9% sales tax vs. AGO 0% tax

-AGO free shipping, so that actually makes it cheaper vs. gas to drive to a physical location.

I don't think the staff at any detailing store will be as knowledgeable about ALL brands as the Forum Members on AGO.

In store imho's good if you need it that day or the next day, or you're just impatient like me lol. I live in So Cal and placed 2 ordered on here this week, 1 on Tue and 1 the next day, I won't get them until Wed & Thurs of next week. That makes me a sad panda.

And this might sound silly, but when I went to the CG store a few months ago I was opening all the bottles and smelling everything like I was at the cologne section in Macys :D

My feelings are there is to much over saturation of suppliers. Most will go to walmart, many like us will purchase either here or else where so now you are going up against the big online hitters. But hey if you offer free shipping if one spends over $50 I'm in.:buffing:

Seems to be what some companies do now , right ok or wrong.

Yoe ever been on a Matco Tool truck? Sure, it all says Matco on the impact tool, but you can bet your a@@ that under that name is an Ingersol Rand. Only difference is the price.

I can go to tooltopia.com and get Ingersol Rand at darn near cost. My 3/8" IR Ratchet cost me $109, shipped free.

On the Matco truck, it's the "XP9A HEAVY DUTY AIR RATCHET WITH BUTTON STYLE AIR TRIGGER. SUPER SEALED HEAD FOR MINIMUM SPREAD, BUILT FOR TECHS, BY TECHS. $339."

So yeah, get some CG honey dew foam wash, and relabel it SUPER MOUNTIAN FRUIT DIRT FOAM DISSOLVER. Price it a few bucks more than what you paid from CG, and i'd buy it. Just so i can drive a few miles and have it TODAY!!

Lol perfect! Thanks guys keep it coming and you got it free shipping over 50!

Yoe ever been on a Matco Tool truck? Sure, it all says Matco on the impact tool, but you can bet your a@@ that under that name is an Ingersol Rand. Only difference is the price.

I can go to tooltopia.com and get Ingersol Rand at darn near cost. My 3/8" IR Ratchet cost me $109, shipped free.

On the Matco truck, it's the "XP9A HEAVY DUTY AIR RATCHET WITH BUTTON STYLE AIR TRIGGER. SUPER SEALED HEAD FOR MINIMUM SPREAD, BUILT FOR TECHS, BY TECHS. $339."

So yeah, get some CG honey dew foam wash, and relabel it SUPER MOUNTIAN FRUIT DIRT FOAM DISSOLVER. Price it a few bucks more than what you paid from CG, and i'd buy it. Just so i can drive a few miles and have it TODAY!!

never been on/in one..

In store imho's good if you need it that day or the next day, or you're just impatient like me lol. I live in So Cal and placed 2 ordered on here this week, 1 on Tue and 1 the next day, I won't get them until Wed & Thurs of next week. That makes me a sad panda.

And this might sound silly, but when I went to the CG store a few months ago I was opening all the bottles and smelling everything like I was at the cologne section in Macys :D

Lava smells so good!!! The air fresheners smell good but they are like the cheap version of colognes where they last for a few seconds and poof your car smells the same!

I guess I made it sound too serious but that was not my intent. It was just a joke because I agree, that is dishonest and probably against the law.

Back