Ceramiclear Benz this weekend

BlackRam

Reaction score
Hello-
I know there is a lengthy thread on benz ceramiclear paint, which i read it all.
does anyone have any final advice or guidance
I am doing one this weekend, black, code C040.
I will do a test spot, least agressive first. Products have-
Pads- Lc green, pink, white, and orange.
Polish- opt. Reflect, wg fg, wgtsr, wg uber compound.

Please let me know

Thank you

Ask the customer if he knows of any spots that have been repainted. They won't respond the same way to your process as the intact Ceramiclear. I think you will get great results with the Wolfgang uber compound and finishing glaze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will ask, ty
which lc pads with what product you think?

I also have bftps.

Was going to top with 845

Über compound and a yellow cutting pad will really cut everything out. Then finish up with a green or black pad and a fine polish.

remember that the ceramic part of the clear is incredibly thin, so trying to get anything but light defects out will likely mean you'll be reaching depths of the clear coat that are much softer than you'd expect. that's if the car hasn't seen a buffer before at any point. a lot of cars have C paint codes but because they've seen wool buffers at a dealership a few times or whatever...it's now C for compromised, not Ceramiclear, haha.

so...your stance on trying something minimally aggressive and backing into the job is ideal considering what i've mentioned as well as what ekennett mentioned re: repaint.

if you are using Opti-Coat to protect it, you don't necessarily have to worry as much with how deep you go, but either way, the question you must ask yourself is how much do you want to compromise that tough ceramic component to get ALL of the defects out. sometimes making it 90% perfect is better long term. just depends.

good luck.

This is one I did a while back. I used HT tangerine pad with Sonax PF. Deeper rids remained but owner was more than happy, he eventually returned for a full correction.

From your products Fg400 with orange pad if needed to compound and your choice of polish as I haven't used what you have on hand
apu4etap.jpg

Oops I meant über for compound I have used both orange and white. I have used reflect with white or black pad....test spot will be your best friend

Menzerna line and LC Hydrotech pads will serve you well on a Mercedes.

This is good stuff. Thanks guys for the guidance.

First, for what it's worth, I read a lot of people always posting the same thing and it goes like this,

Ceramiclear paints are rock hard

I disagree. I find them to be somewhere in-between soft and hard and that's the perfect place to be. I don't find correcting Ceramiclear paints to be a challenge at all and in fact to date, they are my favorite paint system to own on a car and polish.

wg fg, wgtsr, wg uber compound.

Test the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover or TSR first with either a foam polishing or cutting pad. Unless the swirls and scratches are deep this should pull them out. If this doesn't work the Uber Compound will tackle them for sure.

:)

This is awesome, mike p. Replied to my thread.
thank you very much for your valuable insight.

Ill be sure to post pics/write up as update.

Thanks

Back