General (basic) detail

215Detailing

Reaction score
Just my thoughts, There should be a general (basic) detail descriptions for newbies (Beginners)
with pricing for those in business (doing work for pay or others) not to exceed say maybe ten basic steps (task) that is a little more then a basic wash at a starting price of say no less then $30.00 for less than two hours of work for one person as to where in my area hacks charge $10.00 to $15.00 for listed service with two or more workers for an hour give or take.
#1. two bucket with grit guards wash
#2. door jambs and gas cap area cleaned
#3. drying hand or mechanical (Blower)
#4. wheel well, wheel & tire cleaning
#5. all glass & mirror cleaning
#6. dress tires and wells (if applicable)
#7. interior wipe down
#8. vacuum include trunk/cargo area (if empty)
This is what I would take as just a bit more than a DO IT YOURSELF does then you could have you upgrades or add ons
* clay/decon
* wax
* interior deep cleaning/steam cleaning
* interior dressing
* interior scent/air freshener/deordorizing
* glass treatment
* deep wheel cleaning
* headliner cleaning
* shampoo (interior)
* spot and stain removing
* etc
again just my thoughts on basic for BUSINESS START UP for newbies/beginners, Thanks for all comments whether positive or other and all ideas,input/feedback and information as long as we help someone to grow

I won't even offer this ever unless its a maintenance detail and it starts at $125. $30 is way to cheap for that work in the first place and my basic wash starts at $50 and takes 2 hours. You need to make money if your doing this for a living and even on the side. You need to get paid what your worth!

Sounds ok, but as Pureshine said make sure it is worth your while. I would keep the same price if I were you but drop it down to:

Onr wash
Dress tires
Windows

Forget vacuuming or wiping anything down unless they want to pay for it. Just a vacuum and wipe down of an sun van or nasty car can take 1 or 2 hours. Either do it well and charge them for it or don't do it at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

I strongly recommend reading Renny Doyles book, how to start a home based car detailing business, it has ton of information and covers everything.

I won't even offer this ever unless its a maintenance detail and it starts at $125. $30 is way to cheap for that work in the first place and my basic wash starts at $50 and takes 2 hours. You need to make money if your doing this for a living and even on the side. You need to get paid what your worth!

Sounds ok, but as Pureshine said make sure it is worth your while. I would keep the same price if I were you but drop it down to:

Onr wash
Dress tires
Windows

Forget vacuuming or wiping anything down unless they want to pay for it. Just a vacuum and wipe down of an sun van or nasty car can take 1 or 2 hours. Either do it well and charge them for it or don't do it at all.

the fellas are on point. i normally charge $50 for a two door car or small sedan. it includes what mark suggests. i do vacuum and wipedown the interior. mind you, these are my regular customers and they call me almost every week or at the atleast every 2 weeks so the interior is not that bad because i have their vehicle under control. for new customers i always check the interior before giving out a price. like mark said for an interior that hasnt been vacuumed in months.. youll be there atleast one hour vacuuming, make sure to insist on a interior detail, or else dont touch it.
for a wash and wax i charge $75, and it takes me about the same time as a regular wash. i just use different stuff. for example instead of reg onr i use the wash and wax onr + megs synthetic spray wax. this combo leaves a shiny vehicle.

claying with carnuba wax applied by hand or machine the price goes up.

for aio polish jobs, i start at $200.

this process seems fair to me for $50

#7. interior wipe down

the fellas are on point. i normally charge $50 for a two door car or small sedan. it includes what mark suggests. i do vacuum and wipedown the interior. mind you, these are my regular customers and they call me almost every week or at the atleast every 2 weeks so the interior is not that bad because i have their vehicle under control. for new customers i always check the interior before giving out a price. like mark said for an interior that hasnt been vacuumed in months.. youll be there atleast one hour vacuuming, make sure to insist on a interior detail, or else dont touch it.
for a wash and wax i charge $75, and it takes me about the same time as a regular wash. i just use different stuff. for example instead of reg onr i use the wash and wax onr + megs synthetic spray wax. this combo leaves a shiny vehicle.

claying with carnuba wax applied by hand or machine the price goes up.

for aio polish jobs, i start at $200.

this process seems fair to me for $50

#7. interior wipe down
Thanks MRCLEAN you are a great come to guy for help and insight

Great advice, do you include claying with the spray wax?

Just my thoughts, There should be a general (basic) detail descriptions for newbies (Beginners)
with pricing for those in business (doing work for pay or others) not to exceed say maybe ten basic steps (task) that is a little more then a basic wash at a starting price of say no less then $30.00 for less than two hours of work for one person as to where in my area hacks charge $10.00 to $15.00 for listed service with two or more workers for an hour give or take.
#1. two bucket with grit guards wash rinseless/waterless
#2. door jambs and gas cap area cleaned lightly cleaned
#3. drying hand or mechanical (Blower) towel, follow up with blower
#7. interior wipe down
This is what I would take as just a bit more than a DO IT YOURSELF does then you could have you upgrades or add ons
* clay/decon
* wax
* interior deep cleaning/steam cleaning
* interior dressing
* interior scent/air freshener/deordorizing
* glass treatment
* deep wheel cleaning
* headliner cleaning
* shampoo (interior)
* spot and stain removing
* etc
again just my thoughts on basic for BUSINESS START UP for newbies/beginners, Thanks for all comments whether positive or other and all ideas,input/feedback and information as long as we help someone to grow

Sounds good for the most part since you're starting off. How do you plan on getting the customers?

Great advice, do you include claying with the spray wax?

thanks, and no..no claying. i will only clay if i was to apply a carnuba paste wax.. or a sealant. thats a $100 job for a sedan.
for this, i try to push the hydro2 sealant/wax. very easy to apply. again, cutting down on time and raising up the $

Thanks MRCLEAN you are a great come to guy for help and insight

no problem bud, im new to this myself and im learning as i go. by the way, how's your set up coming along?! :xyxthumbs::Picture:

Sounds good for the most part since you're starting off. How do you plan on getting the customers?

I am established for several years now, just was thinking of some way to help the BEGINNERS, without a larger amount of task that could become discouraging to some.

thanks, and no..no claying. i will only clay if i was to apply a carnuba paste wax.. or a sealant. thats a $100 job for a sedan.
for this, i try to push the hydro2 sealant/wax. very easy to apply. again, cutting down on time and raising up the $

no problem bud, im new to this myself and im learning as i go. by the way, how's your set up coming along?! :xyxthumbs::Picture:

set up is coming along the pump had 1/2 inlet & outlet bought fitting 1/2 to 3/4 but seems to be miss threaded, thinking of going with your pump, still have not fired up HONDA EU2000i yet but pump does pull water from tank to pressure washer

I strongly recommend reading Renny Doyles book, how to start a home based car detailing business, it has ton of information and covers everything.

For a newcomer yes I bought book may be over a year ago, I stand corrected a good read (Renny book) for all looking to DBA Do Business As in detailing & paint correction

yea, you have to check the thread, some of them are fine threaded and what not.. my pump and generator are going strong. can't complain. i just change the oil often on the generator.

So how would you describe and price below service?

BASIC DETAIL

*EXTERIOR HAND WASH & DRY USING MICROFIBER TOWELS/AIR.
*POLYMER ENHANCER/SPRAY WAX.
*EXTERIOR & INTERIOR GLASS CLEANING.
*DOOR JAMBS CLEANED.
*TIRE CLEANING & DRESSING and WHEEL WELLS (IF APPLICABLE)
*THOROUGH WHEEL/RIM CLEANING.
*STANDARD VACUUM OF MATS/SEATS AND FLOORING.
*STANDARD WIPE DOWN (DUSTING) OF INTERIOR CABIN.

STANDARD SIZE CARS & PICKUPS.................................$
SMALL SUV'S, MINIVANS & CROSSOVERS................... $
LARGE SUV'S & PICKUPS............................................... $
XL SUV'S (DENALI,EXPEDITION, SUBURBAN.ETC...........$
FULL SIZE VAN & EXCURSION SIZE VEHICLES..............$

I would also like to know how others would price that package. Around here that's all a lot of people want.

So how would you describe and price below service?

BASIC DETAIL

*EXTERIOR HAND WASH & DRY USING MICROFIBER TOWELS/AIR.
*POLYMER ENHANCER/SPRAY WAX.
*EXTERIOR & INTERIOR GLASS CLEANING.
*DOOR JAMBS CLEANED.
*TIRE CLEANING & DRESSING and WHEEL WELLS (IF APPLICABLE)
*THOROUGH WHEEL/RIM CLEANING.
*STANDARD VACUUM OF MATS/SEATS AND FLOORING.
*STANDARD WIPE DOWN (DUSTING) OF INTERIOR CABIN.

STANDARD SIZE CARS & PICKUPS.................................$
SMALL SUV'S, MINIVANS & CROSSOVERS................... $
LARGE SUV'S & PICKUPS............................................... $
XL SUV'S (DENALI,EXPEDITION, SUBURBAN.ETC...........$
FULL SIZE VAN & EXCURSION SIZE VEHICLES..............$

I used to get a lot of flak about my pricing, but I guess people just figured I don't care and quit heckling me about it. My basic detail is almost exactly this. I charge 65 for cars 80 for trucks vans and suvs. Takes about 1.5 - 3 hours. I love these packages as they are quick and easy money makers and you can capture a lower budget market with them.

I used to get a lot of flak about my pricing, but I guess people just figured I don't care and quit heckling me about it. My basic detail is almost exactly this. I charge 65 for cars 80 for trucks vans and suvs. Takes about 1.5 - 3 hours. I love these packages as they are quick and easy money makers and you can capture a lower budget market with them.

Thanks I try to keep it under an hour and forty five minutes at least with cars

I totally respect you not claying but Im thinking (a extra 30 min to clay with a mit only the top panels) may give that xtra wow to get more work?

I would never clay unless i was following up with a finishing polish afterwards.... you'll induce some kind of marring, even if its light.

Back