Ayway to remove tons of tiny pits in a windshield?

TCB

Reaction score
So I was washing my mother in laws car today ad noticed that she had a TON of little tiny pits in her windshield. The car is 15 years old so I know it is never going to be perfect but I'd like to try to get as much out as possible.

Would claying do the trick? Any other tips/tricks?

Using a glass polish (DP Offers one, Diamonite might also) will reduce the look and notice of some of them. I have seen some commercial filler type products, but dont believe any could completely refill these areas. I suspect its polishing or replacement.

time for a new windshield? if they have been there for 15 years and they dont bother here, i would say dont worry about it.

my wifes car has lots of tiny rock chips in the windshield, I clayed it and even though the chips were still there she thought it looked brand new.

Yeah some probably have been there for 15 years. It is a 92 Mercedes C class that just needs some TLC. I plan on getting at it with a PC, XMT360 and some SSII next weekend. I was just looking for a way to clean that windshield up as much.

Sounds like it is time for a new windshield. It will help the appearance of the car, too, IMHO.

Since its so old, its more about minimizing it than removing it.

Clay, polish, and fill if you want.

Back