Detailers - how long is your hose?

Reaction score
I've been mulling over ordering the Groit hose for a week now. I was hoping to find at least 1 review. I know they make high quality products, but if I'm dropping $80-124 on something like a hose. I would like some feedback of some sort.

Well I got impatient today and decided to jump and order it, when I got to the site I noticed the 100 foot one was OOS until 5/9, which is just a few days away. But some of you know how it goes when you really want something you can't wait lol. They do have the 60 footer in stock, I mostly use EcoSmart so I don't need need a hose. But I do have clients here or there that want or need a regular wash. Up until now I have gone ghetto and used their hose. I want to get a hose now though. This one looks about as nice as any I've seen.

Does anyone here use a 50-60 footer and care to comment? I'm absolutely horrible with estimating how much hose I'll need. Obviously 100ft would be better, but it's $45 more, and OOS. I don't live in somewhere like Palm Beach where everyone has huge mansions with ginormous yards. I live in So Cal (951) and there aren't many big houses with big yards around.

I run with 3-50' sections of flat 3/4" wildland fire hose with GHT threads. So 150' total had have been short just a couple of times. Homeowner had hose to make up the difference though. I would go with 2 60' sections myself. Also I am looking hard at that hose. I live right by the Griot's store in Wa., and was checking it out on Saturday. Please do a short review when you get it. Feels like a silicone rubber to me.

Man getting kinda personal there...lol...

Well my pressure hose is 1 75ft and 1 25ft. Probably could use another hose though

Sparkle N Shine Detail

got my hose from walmart, 50ft $20 bucks doesnt kink

I run with 3-50' sections of flat 3/4" wildland fire hose with GHT threads. So 150' total had have been short just a couple of times. Homeowner had hose to make up the difference though. I would go with 2 60' sections myself. Also I am looking hard at that hose. I live right by the Griot's store in Wa., and was checking it out on Saturday. Please do a short review when you get it. Feels like a silicone rubber to me.

Is that a good thing in your opinion?

Go to Sam's club. 120 ft commercial hose for $24. I have 3 of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

I've been mulling over ordering the Groit hose for a week now. I was hoping to find at least 1 review. I know they make high quality products, but if I'm dropping $80-124 on something like a hose. I would like some feedback of some sort.

Well I got impatient today and decided to jump and order it, when I got to the site I noticed the 100 foot one was OOS until 5/9, which is just a few days away. But some of you know how it goes when you really want something you can't wait lol. They do have the 60 footer in stock, I mostly use EcoSmart so I don't need need a hose. But I do have clients here or there that want or need a regular wash. Up until now I have gone ghetto and used their hose. I want to get a hose now though. This one looks about as nice as any I've seen.

Does anyone here use a 50-60 footer and care to comment? I'm absolutely horrible with estimating how much hose I'll need. Obviously 100ft would be better, but it's $45 more, and OOS. I don't live in somewhere like Palm Beach where everyone has huge mansions with ginormous yards. I live in So Cal (951) and there aren't many big houses with big yards around.

Strongly suggest you get your tape measure out the next time
ur at a client's home. The longer the hose the heavier the hose
and more difficult to maneuver. I have a 25 foot hose, but I
don't detail for a living. :buffing:

I bought a 100ft no kink hose from Home Depot or Lowes, sits out all spring, summer and fall and works great.

I'm running two 50' Craftsman all rubber hoses. Leave them out year round. Non-marking and will not burst in high temperatures.

You can usually catch them on sale throughout the summer.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

I've thought about the Craftsman all rubber, but the last time I asked on here about hoses, many people said the black comes off on your hands when it gets hot outside. I'm sure it gets plenty hot in TN, so I take it you haven't had that issue?

Excuse me while I whip this out....

Like wdmaccord, I use the Craftsman/Goodyear rubber hoses. I have 2 50 ft. hoses on the reel on the house, and for mobile use 1 25 ft. + 1 50 ft. hose coiled up in a large plastic planter.

Back