Meguiar's Ultimate Black Restorer

Hjfowler

Reaction score
View attachment 27429I finally had a chance to use this stuff. I've had it for a while, but haven't been able to put it to the test.

It's a little runnier than I would like, however I let it soak into the terry cloth and it becomes much easier to work with. I made my first swipe on the plastic I was addressing and wasn't impressed. But, within seconds, it soaked in and looked great.

The directions say to use multiple applications if necessary, but I found just one gave me the results I was looking for. Impressive. Below are some pictures. It looks glossy, but it is a nice finish. Also, it is not greasy, exactly as advertised. I'll report back with durability specs.

Here are some before an afters.
View attachment 27430plastic trim by the cowling. View attachment 27431
View attachment 27432
It's a phone so the "after" pics don't look spectacular, but I can assure you it looks great. Far better than the picture would leave you to believe.

Nice write up. I have used it as well to test it out. On certain trim it works better. It's a good idea to clean the trim with something like APC or mothers back to black trim cleaner. But as I was saying on the front cowl of my daily driver it's lasted a month which is better than I thought. On the trim on my windows it didn't even make it through one wash. So it depends on the trim. But for OTC it works well.

Yea I'm satisfied with for being an OTC. It's supposed to rain all week here, so I'll report back with durability

Back