Why does rinseless

Abram86

Reaction score
Why does it have to cost so much compared to other soaps? I bought a 33 ounce turtle wax rinseless for $6 but it takes 4 ounces to 2 gallons. I like it cause I can do a car in 10 minutes easily. Is there a way to get it in a gallon?

Xtreme Auto

Why are you using TW when ONR and UWW+ are much better products. And when diluted cost less???? 1oz to 2 gallons for ONR and UWW+ 1oz to 3 gallons.

Never tried ONW but Turtlewax is every bit as good as the Duragloss product, even though it has "Turtlewax" on the label. I think its a slow seller. I have to special order it from Wal-Mart in my neighborhood.

My assumption is that all these products are vastly overpriced, some more than others. Seems like a buck or a little less a wash is little enough to pay in the great scheme of things. I do the Garry Dean method where you spritz the surface with concentrated no-rinse first. One of the reasons I like Turtlewax no-rinse is that I can use it as my concentrate spritzer and follow with Duragloss. I figure if its slightly different you have two different chances to get at the dirt with slightly different formulations. Also, you don't have to pay big bucks for shipping, since the Wal-Mart deal has no shipping charge if you pick it up at the store.

Yeah, you can order the others by the Gallon. Maybe you'll save a buck.

Why does it have to cost so much compared to other soaps? I bought a 33 ounce turtle wax rinseless for $6 but it takes 4 ounces to 2 gallons.
I like it cause I can do a car in 10 minutes easily.
Is there a way to get it in a gallon?

Xtreme Auto
•A whole car in 10 minutes?

•Regardless the: "Degree of Dirtiness"...
-You can easily rinseless-wash an entire car
in 10 minutes?!?!

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg"]GET OUT!! - YouTube[/video]

Bob

Never tried ONW but Turtlewax is every bit as good as the Duragloss product, even though it has "Turtlewax" on the label. I think its a slow seller. I have to special order it from Wal-Mart in my neighborhood.

My assumption is that all these products are vastly overpriced, some more than others. Seems like a buck or a little less a wash is little enough to pay in the great scheme of things. I do the Garry Dean method where you spritz the surface with concentrated no-rinse first. One of the reasons I like Turtlewax no-rinse is that I can use it as my concentrate spritzer and follow with Duragloss. I figure if its slightly different you have two different chances to get at the dirt with slightly different formulations. Also, you don't have to pay big bucks for shipping, since the Wal-Mart deal has no shipping charge if you pick it up at the store.

I don't know where you live, but you can get the TW Rinseless at O'Reilly's for around 2 bucks. They have had it on clearance for a while now. Go to the Water Cooler, Off Topic, and there is a thread titled "Incredibly Cheap Finds." We all post deals that we find in that there...great thread.

I don't know where you live, but you can get the TW Rinseless at O'Reilly's for around 2 bucks. They have had it on clearance for a while now. Go to the Water Cooler, Off Topic, and there is a thread titled "Incredibly Cheap Finds." We all post deals that we find in that there...great thread.
Good news...
Thanks for the information!

Bob

lol... my thoughts exactly!

in 10 minutes?!?!

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg"]GET OUT!! - YouTube[/video]

Bob

Whew! I was wondering what was wrong with me and my own process lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

in 10 minutes?!?!

GET OUT!! - YouTube

Bob

lol... my thoughts exactly!

Whew! I was wondering what was wrong with me and my own process lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

:eek: It took me 70-80 minutes to rinse-less wash my SUV yesterday! including wheels & tires..

:eek: It took me 70-80 minutes to rinse-less wash my SUV yesterday! including wheels & tires..

I may have exaggerated on the time lol. Just to wash and shine tires and wheels on a car it actually takes about 20 minutes minimum to 30 max depending how fast I want to work.

Xtreme Auto

If you use the gary dean method you will only use probably 1/2 gallon of solution. Add a well priced no rinse product to that and it will cost you much less than a traditional wash. Onr/DG/Meguiars

With the gdm you have to invest in some towels though. Maybe with the gdm you can cut the time down to 5 mins :joking:

Why does a bottle of Swissvax shampoo cost like $200? Who knows? Market dictates price, it's something "new" - you gotta pay to play $$$$.

Why does it have to cost so much compared to other soaps? I bought a 33 ounce turtle wax rinseless for $6 but it takes 4 ounces to 2 gallons.... Is there a way to get it in a gallon?

Xtreme Auto

Why are you using TW when ONR and UWW+ are much better products. And when diluted cost less???? 1oz to 2 gallons for ONR and UWW+ 1oz to 3 gallons.

^^:iagree:

There are many threads regarding the costs of rinseless solution and comparing brands' up-front expenditures vs. the return on investment you see.

If you search through those threads (strongly encouraged) and compare dilution ratios, as Evolved has started to do above, and compare dollars per ounce per use, it may make more sense, if you are operating on a rinseless wash plan, to spend the extra $$ up front for a few gallons of the heavy hitters and proven winners:

ONR, UWW+, Duragloss, PBMA Rinseless, etc

And over the long run you may notice a better profit margin, compared to using 4 oz/2 gallon of TW @ $6 a liter ($7.99 on TW.com ) essentially ~ $24/gallon

It is a good product to use, in a pinch, yes. And if you can find it on clearance even better!

Back