Optimum power clean APC dilution ratios

RAM12

Reaction score
I picked up a large jug of optimum power clean with my first order with AGO and I was wondering what the proper ratios would be for the following

Wheels
Tires
Interior carpet
Interior upholstery
Interior dash and panels
Engine bay

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually use 10:1 interior
4:1 or 3:1 for really bad interior
3:1 wheels or straight.. don't use for wheels much any more because expensive
10:1 for bugs

I dont use OPC specifically but I use Meguiars APC+ at 10:1 inside and 4:1 outside. Seems to be a good general ratio for the better quality All Purpose Cleaners.

Oh and I use Chemical Guys All Clean+ at 15:1 for most jobs too (bugs, wheel wells, interior)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Can't wait to try this stuff out this weekend!

For engine detailing I use 8:1 but my engine bay is well maintained.

i just use it at 3:1 for most of my work including interiors.

I dont use OPC specifically but I use Meguiars APC+ at 10:1 inside and 4:1 outside. Seems to be a good general ratio for the better quality All Purpose Cleaners.

Oh and I use Chemical Guys All Clean+ at 15:1 for most jobs too (bugs, wheel wells, interior)

And the question was??

Is OPC ok to use on top of OC2.0 at those exterior dilutions?

I picked up a large jug of optimum power clean with my first order with AGO and I was wondering what the proper ratios would be for the following

Wheels
Tires
Interior carpet
Interior upholstery
Interior dash and panels
Engine bay

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1:3 on anything exterior
1:10 on anything interior

Thanks for all the responses guys. I appreciate it! Sounds like the general consensus would be to have 2 spray bottles with one for a 1:3 ratio (exterior and engine bay) and one with a 1:10 ratio (interiors). I plan on getting Zep Professional Spray bottles, can't beat the price for 3.50 a piece at Lowe's.

And the question was??

Are you trying to be an ass?
I told him that "Seems to be a good general ratio for the better quality All Purpose Cleaners." WHICH IS THE ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION if it is any of your business :xyxthumbs:

Are APC really that safe long term to use on wheels? Just makes me nervous....

Are you trying to be an ass?
I told him that "Seems to be a good general ratio for the better quality All Purpose Cleaners." WHICH IS THE ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION if it is any of your business :xyxthumbs:

If you don't use OPC, how can you answer the OP question? Are all APC the same? :doh:

Oh, didn't realize you were the posting police. I qualified my answer by saying I didn't use it...I've been here long enough and read many posts and remember others comments on OPC. Seems like you need something else to do other than worry about what I post and how exactly it pertains to the subject...there's plenty of posts in this and other threads that don't pertain but you don't seem to care? Is it just me you don't like or something?

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

Oh, didn't realize you were the posting police. I qualified my answer by saying I didn't use it...I've been here long enough and read many posts and remember others comments on OPC. Seems like you need something else to do other than worry about what I post and how exactly it pertains to the subject...there's plenty of posts in this and other threads that don't pertain but you don't seem to care? Is it just me you don't like or something?

Nope, have nothing against you personally. I just don't understand how you can answer a question about a product when you haven't used it. OP asked a specific question on a specific product and your answer is about a different product. It's like me asking you about Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and you give me the details on Opti Coat. I'm not interested in Opti Coat, just as the OP wanted to know the dilution ratio for Power Clean and not Meg's APC. Is that so hard to understand?

Not to break up a good spat but,

The suggested dilution ratios for various tasks using OPC are listed at both the Optimum website as well as Autogeek's sales website, and while I don't have the bottle in front of me at this moment, I'm pretty sure it's clearly listed there as well.

One can't assume different detergents are the same strength, and why anyone would not follow the manufacturer's recommendations (at least for the first application) is a bit perplexing to me.

Why was this thread started in the first place? I have tired-head now.

Nope, have nothing against you personally. I just don't understand how you can answer a question about a product when you haven't used it. OP asked a specific question on a specific product and your answer is about a different product. It's like me asking you about Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and you give me the details on Opti Coat. I'm not interested in Opti Coat, just as the OP wanted to know the dilution ratio for Power Clean and not Meg's APC. Is that so hard to understand?

Then u have a TON of work to do cause people reply to posts allllllll the time with irrelevancy so where are you then? Turns out I was correct cause others use the ratios I was suggesting so what's the big deal? I'm missing it.

10:1 - general cleaning, esp interior grime, light engine cleaning, etc.
4:1 or 3:1 - decent engine bay grime/wells/wheel barrels/wheels that are cleaned regularly/exhaust tips, etc.
1:1 or full strength for the dirtiest crap. it's strong, esp with some agitation.

DO NOT LET IT DRY ON ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT DILUTION.

Back