PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Touch Up?

Tieguy77
05-23-2014, 08:25 PM
I have never used a "Drying Aid" and wonder what you folks think about it. I just read that Aquawax used once a week could cause cloudiness. What about Optimum Spray Wax? I was wondering what would be a good product to enhance/protect the shine after each weekly wash.

Thanks!

Bobby

cleanmycorolla
05-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Sonax brilliant shine detailer, pinnacle spray wax, blackfire poly spray,

Tieguy77
05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Sonax brilliant shine detailer, pinnacle spray wax, blackfire poly spray,

Thanks Chris....so you would recommend these products over Optimum, and no problems using them weekly?

Tieguy77
05-24-2014, 06:22 AM
Would their be any detriment to using the Optimum or are the sonnax products a better choice for weekly use? I have also read good things about Prima Hydro.....Excited to try the "drying aid" as it is completely new to me but seems to make sense as an added layer of protection between a towel and the clear coat.

FUNX650
05-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Would their be any detriment to using the Optimum or are the sonnax products a better choice for weekly use? I have also read good things about Prima Hydro.....

Here's a little something to think about:

Regarding Optimum Car Wax:

With continued use, Optimum Car Wax's
UV ingredients actually
permeate the paint and restore
OEM UV inhibitors that were used up/lost.

Bob

PA DETAILER
05-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Would their be any detriment to using the Optimum or are the sonnax products a better choice for weekly use? I have also read good things about Prima Hydro.....Excited to try the "drying aid" as it is completely new to me but seems to make sense as an added layer of protection between a towel and the clear coat.

Prima user here. HYDRO MAX is one awesome LSP. You almost feel your cheating. Spray on a DRY car and buff off with a MF. Done!

Prima wax as you dry is what you want as a drying aid. And it leaves behind some serious protection. Spray on a damp car after rinsing, and dry with a WW towel.

Tieguy77
05-24-2014, 10:10 AM
interesting Gentleman. So out of Optimum, Aquawax and Prima Hydro wax while you dry......is any one product a clear winner for a every time after you was product?

vandau
05-24-2014, 10:35 AM
If you want an economical choice, I recommend Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. Can be applied to wet or dry car, trim, and direct sun. Protection only lasts about a month, so no problem if you're doing this weekly. I apply after rinsing. Leaves a nice shine after buffing off.