claying and sealants

molarman

Reaction score
is clay bought at most autozone or pep boys good (meguiars , for example); also is it recommended to use alcohol to remove residue from claying? any suggestions for a better sealant than wolfgang 3.0 ? its so easy to remove

I use Meg's smooth surface clay & it works well enough for me; never used alcohol afterward, doesn't seemed to have harmed anything by not using it.

Better sealant, in what way are you meaning?

Yes, clay purchased OTC is likely made by ClayMagic. Resellers just put their name on it. I'd recommend ONR or a traditional two bucket wash to remove clay residue. As far as sealant, I like Menzerna Power Lock. Easy application and very durable!

I've started doing a RW after claying. Quicker than going back to the 2BM and less water to blow out of the crevices. To save time, I also don't dry after the main decon wash...just straight to claying. Probably wouldn't recommend if you are in full sun though. Mine go straight into the garage.

is clay bought at most autozone or pep boys good (meguiars , for example); also is it recommended to use alcohol to remove residue from claying? any suggestions for a better sealant than wolfgang 3.0 ? its so easy to remove

What part of WGDGPS are you referring to as easy to remove? After application? Or that it wore off quickly?

Back