Weird discoloration on interior

ironsurvivor

Reaction score
Anybody know what this is? I used a magic eraser because I had a scuff and it removed the scuff but now I have another problem which is this slight discoloration. I've tried megs interior detailer and it's not working. Did I ruin my dash?

Using magic eraser may have ruin your dash you should have used steam or brush to agitate the grain in the dash but to try to fix it put a couple of coats of trim dressing to see if it will absorb and blend in

Yah, don't use magic eraser. If it's a scuff/scratch I can't get out with a vent brush and some APC, it stays. The most aggressive I get is a leather brush which is fairly stiff. Even then, I don't scrub too hard. Usually, some interior protectant like 303 Aerospace or BF Interior Protectant will hide scuffs fairly well.

i have chemical guys vrp. Should i try that? Should i let it soak in or just wipe on wipe off? It seems it will absorb in the cracks, but wont absorb in the top layer

Yes you can apply two or three coats of the chemical guys dressing to see if it will help though let the each coat sit onto the surface for atlease five minutes before buffing off excess if any

Ok i tried that and it did help and it does look better, but i am going to keep doing it to see if i can get it even better, but that did help tremendously

Just did another coat and let it sit for 10 minutes and then buffed off. It's at about 95 percent and it doesnt feel rough anymore. Thank you so so much. I will never try this approach again. I used it on my old car which was a tan interior and it worked great, never had issues, but this black interior is different i guess.

I am happy to hear the great news and yeah that's one of the negatives about black it shows virtually everything when lighter colors somewhat hides most defects unless in certain lighting

Back