2004 Buick boat washed with acid rain VS Rupes and D151

parttimer

Reaction score
A simple one step process for a 2004 Buick LaSabre which the owner has had since it was new. Retired from a chemical plant, the car has enjoyed countless acid rain showers. This thing was UGLY after I washed it, when it arrived I just thought it was dirt. After the wash and nanoskin I was like, ummm.

So the process was tires and wheels were done with APC and Megs WB. after two attempts with the WB I used TRIX on them which helped some.
Full wash with Megs Gold Class and rinsed. I got to enjoy doing this outside in a rain storm, on the flip side I saved on rinse water!

After the wash I nanoskined it with a fine grade towel and pulled into the garage to dry.

That is when I saw what I was up against!

I decided on the Rupes 21 simply because of the ACRES of flat panels. Pad of choice started with tangerine hydro tek but I wasn't happy so i switched to cyan. Took 6 passes to get this out, two pads died at the mercy of the Rupes power :( The D151 did a KNOCK OUT job and the owner said it looks better than the day he drove it off the lot.

He also said he worked on removing some of the rain with a rotary, the hood did not appreciate his work! I don't have a ton of pics, but here they are!
(got a new fancy camera so I'm still learning)

Hood upon arrival:

Trunk test spot:

Roof:

B Pillar:

Hood 50/50

Outside shot:

Nice work! I see alot of cars with similar damage coming from local power plants. Depending the length of exposer to elements, it's not easy stuff to work out of the paint.

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing.

What did you use on the pillars?

From what I do generally, I suspect it was the same 151.

By the way, +1 interested in reading OP's thoughts regarding this wonderful work in pillars as well.

Kind Regards.

Great recovery!!! I hope the owner was ecstatic.

Same product on the entire car, D151 on the cyan pad. Made the pad turn black but nothing the pad washer couldn't fix!

Thanks for the compliments, I worked pretty hard and wasn't sure if i was going to be able to get it all worked out but I was able to!

Owner couldn't believe it, I had done their mini van which was pretty new before my surgery. They called Thursday to see if I was back in action and wanted to know when they could drop it off. Guy just kept saying I he couldn't believe it!

Looks great now. Did you top D151 with anything? He needs a coating on that thing.

Great turnaround on a real car that really needed some help! I couldn't agree more about applying a coating to it, there's plenty to chose from now, that's for sure!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

He is retired, so no more factory fallout! Otherwise something would have topped it for sure! It was a fun project, almost one of those let's what we do type things. Again, thanks for the support.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I seriously thought in the first two pictures that was applied wax!!! It had that look to it! Great turn around!

Thanks everyone, I am very happy with how it turned out, the fallout was something new for me for sure, there was some serious etching left but that D151 really worked hard! I noticed Mike posted about keeping the pad clean in a new thread. That really made the difference on this one. I cleaned the pad between each section I worked on. I would damped the nylon brush and use it to scrub away the old material. I still destroyed 2 pads and used a total of 4!

Back