PDA

View Full Version : Carbon flake build up

Prophizee
06-29-2014, 08:16 PM
So my car has ton of carbon flake build up on the rear bumper and tail pipes every time I drive. What would be the best way to tackle this problem without busting out the hose. Wondering if a waterless was with tons of microfiber would do the trick or maybe you have a better idea. Thanks in advance for all the help gentlemen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

brondondolon
06-29-2014, 08:24 PM
So my car has ton of carbon flake build up on the rear bumper and tail pipes every time I drive. What would be the best way to tackle this problem without busting out the hose. Wondering if a waterless was with tons of microfiber would do the trick or maybe you have a better idea. Thanks in advance for all the help gentlemen.

Replace your Catalytic converter or your O2 sensor lol. Just giving you a hard time :)

Is it like stuck on there or does it come off effortlessly

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

swanicyouth
06-29-2014, 08:28 PM
What type of car? The situation may not be normal... Excessive "black gunk" or hydrocarbon build up that actually makes it's way to the bumper could be a sign the vehicle has an engine or emission control issue. Is your SEL on?

StangFan25
06-29-2014, 08:39 PM
What type of car? The situation may not be normal... Excessive "black gunk" or hydrocarbon build up that actually makes it's way to the bumper could be a sign the vehicle has an engine or emission control issue. Is your SEL on?

I agree. That's not normal to have it on the bumper.

For the exhaust tips, use grade #0000 steel wool and a metal polish. The bumper, try clay bar and/or iron x and maybe even polish/compound. A waterless wash will not remove it, especially if it's caked on. You'll just scratch the hell out of the paint.

Prophizee
06-29-2014, 11:21 PM
It's actually very easy to come off. It's a 2013 Nissan gtr are emission and o2 sensors are okay. I posted this on another thread and it seems very normal for the car due to the turbo chargers. When I ever I due a full wash normally black dust comes out just with water. It's very easy to take off just want an easier way.

theblob640
06-29-2014, 11:55 PM
I have the same problem on my Super Bee. After one drive you can see a fine layer of it on the horizontal areas of my rear bumper. Like yours, it comes off real easy with a spray of water, you can actually see the water turn black as it rolls off. 95% of the time I WW that car and I just tend to use more WW solution on that area and wipe off.