QD halo's on my paint.. how to get rid of them

SPiN

Reaction score
So after I do a rinseless wash/ QD, iv been getting like those buffing halograms on my paint, I think it may be do to me doing it in the sunlight but i have no choice since i have no garage and i live in south florida.

Is there a certain way to buff out the Rinseless wash/QD without getting the halo looking marks?

I always wipe down the whole car with the DP 4 in 1 mixed 1oz and the rest water with my microfiber towel, then when im done i'll get another clean dry MF and buff the whole car clean.

It sounds like your technique is wrong if you are marring the paint like that. Make sure you are using the 2 bucket method and using a proper washing tool, like a microfiber mitt, cotton chenille (sp?) or a schmitt. You are getting those halograms because you are rubbing the dirt on the paint.

I think your right purple, sometimes when I quick detail my car its often a little too dirty to be quick detailed but because of water restrictions im forced to use the rinseless wash and its not as great as real wash.

Maybe you could try quickly rinsing the car then pull the car up in the garage or in the shade and do a rinseless wash.

[QUOTEI always wipe down the whole car with the DP 4 in 1 mixed 1oz and the rest water with my microfiber towel, then when im done i'll get another clean dry MF and buff the whole car clean.][/QUOTE]

Try doing one panel at a time (wipe on wipe off) since you are forced to do it in the sun.

Back