LINE-X Protection

CAMAROZL1

Reaction score
Have my 2013 Silverado ready to be Line-X. I called a couple dealers and so far I have two options. First is just a standard Line-X of the bed ($485), second is Line-X adds a "UV Protection" that stops fading and keeps the dark color of the Line-X. It cost up to $600. My question is this, I have UTTG that works amazing on my wheels and outside trim. Would it work just as well on Line-X? Also, if anyone has bought the UV Protection, was it worth the extra cash? This is something that will be permanent on the truck and don't want the fading of the bed liner taking away from my paint.

I had line x sprayed in my 2005 Chevy Silverado back in 2006. I traded it last spring for my 2013 RAM and quite honestly, I don't remember it fading that much. The truck was parked outside 24/7 for the 6 years I had it.

My '04 was Line-Xed (is that a proper use of 'ed'?) in '04, always slept inside, etc...but it definitely has faded. It's still black, more not the 'rich black' it was when new.

I've found nuttin' that will bring back the black and NOT make the Line-X slippery.

IF (yes, a big 'if') they guarantee it not to fade, I'd say go for it.

I will add, that stuff (Line-X) does take a beating and still manages to stay good looking (minus the fading).

Bill

I hope you will believe me when I say this...Line-X was invented by Burtin Urethane Corporation in Santa Ana, CA....Carlos Burtin and JB Burtin. A big corporation bought them out and boy those guys are rich rich rich. JB is one of my life long friends and he actually had me go to swap meets to show the product.

This spray on lining is also on the walls of some of the Navy ships and in the Pentagon because of 9/11.

Whether you believe my story or not...I have never heard of putting on UV protection for the bedliner and paying more for that.

If you aren't in a rush I can find out from the inventor (Carlos) JB was the Brains...LOL

I can call JB and e-mail you back.

All that being said...knowing how Line-X is made and sprayed...I have never heard of UV protection extra...I think its like another under spray addition when you buy a new car...it is not needed and IMO you do not need to pay extra $$ for that....

look into bullet liner as well (basically the same as line-x, the guy who started bl worked for line-x before it was bought out by dupont)...and yes the premium is worth the money imo.

Back