claying window tint

builthatch

Reaction score
while my wife's new car was getting clear film and 50% front window tint (at the same "reputable" place that messed up the DLux coating from my other thread), they somehow damaged the door card vinyl under a piece of aluminum trim. i guess they pulled the door panel away a bit whilst doing the tint work and damaged the vinyl by prying.

anyway, they had an interior repair guy address the small cut but while doing so, he was sloppy with the overspray and got some on the tint! i didn't see it until the next day, so i sprayed some OID on there and clayed with the mild Pinnacle clay and it all came up perfectly without damaging the tint.

just a heads up in case this happens to anyone else.

I would have been nervous in marring the tint with the clay. Glad it worked out for you.

while my wife's new car was getting clear film and 50% front window tint (at the same "reputable" place that messed up the DLux coating from my other thread), they somehow damaged the door card vinyl under a piece of aluminum trim. i guess they pulled the door panel away a bit whilst doing the tint work and damaged the vinyl by prying.

anyway, they had an interior repair guy address the small cut but while doing so, he was sloppy with the overspray and got some on the tint! i didn't see it until the next day, so i sprayed some OID on there and clayed with the mild Pinnacle clay and it all came up perfectly without damaging the tint.

What was the overspray?

What was the overspray?

they use an airbrush to coat the repair in the vinyl with some sort of vinyl paint. they masked it off, i assume, because there wasn't any on the trim or anything, but there were def a few spots on the tint.

Strike two, I hope you don't strike out with this company.

Strike two, I hope you don't strike out with this company.

I wouldn't want to see what strike 3 is, just sayin! Good luck to you though.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

oh nah, i got out of it before things got any worse, haha. it was a major pain and letdown, but on the plus side, the truck looks gorgeous now.

places can have the best reputation and present an amazing image online but when it comes down to reality, they can actually be in complete turmoil and a mess. sucks.

Back