Which Wolfgang product do I use?

acuratsx14

Jul 9, 2014
I just purchased my first brand new car and want to take perfect care of it. I've been lurking around reading as much as I can and have a question that I can't find an answer to. I placed an order for the following.

Porter Cable 7424XP
Lake County 5 Inch Backing Plate
Lake County 5.5 Inch Flats (5 White, 4 Black, and 3 Blue)
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

From all the reading I've done everyone says Acura has soft paint. So I went with the LC Flat White hoping that'll be enough since the car is new.

For the most part the paint looks very good. However at certain extreme angles I can see some swirls/scratches but you have to look really hard. When the sun is directly above you don't see anything. The only way to see the swirls/scratches is if the sun is hitting the hood at a 10 o'clock angle and i'm standing on the other side of the hood looking from a 2 o'clock angle.

I don't want to use anything too aggressive since it's a new car. Do you guys think the Finishing Glaze with the LC Flat White have enough cut? Or will Total Swirl Remover with LC Flat White be better? I'm just afraid to take off any clear coat if I don't have to.

I just purchased my first brand new car and want to take perfect care of it. I've been lurking around reading as much as I can and have a question that I can't find an answer to. I placed an order for the following.

Porter Cable 7424XP
Lake County 5 Inch Backing Plate
Lake County 5.5 Inch Flats (5 White, 4 Black, and 3 Blue)
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

From all the reading I've done everyone says Acura has soft paint. So I went with the LC Flat White hoping that'll be enough since the car is new.

For the most part the paint looks very good. However at certain extreme angles I can see some swirls/scratches but you have to look really hard. When the sun is directly above you don't see anything. The only way to see the swirls/scratches is if the sun is hitting the hood at a 10 o'clock angle and i'm standing on the other side of the hood looking from a 2 o'clock angle.

I don't want to use anything too aggressive since it's a new car. Do you guys think the Finishing Glaze with the LC Flat White have enough cut? Or will Total Swirl Remover with LC Flat White be better? I'm just afraid to take off any clear coat if I don't have to.

If I was you I would change up my pad selection some. I would take away one white, and one maybe two blacks and one blue, and add in orange for the number you took away. I think there will be a time when white isn't aggressive enough, and don't see needing 5 of them if you are only doing your car. Do a clean on the fly after every panel, and get two or three depending on the severity and size.
On my Focus ST I feel I can get both rear quarter panels, and the rear hatch with one pad, they are all small, and not terribly swirled. With that the hood and roof would get one.
I also don't see needing so many blacks, they are a finshing pad and wont cake up like a polishing pad will. I use one on my ST, and two on my wifes Santa Fe and should have finished with one.
Blue is the same, you just don't need so many, they don't cake up, you are just spreading your product, you aren't working it like the orange or white.
Instead of this (5 White, 4 Black, and 3 Blue) I would get 4 White, 2 Black, 2 Blue, add in 3 Orange, and 1 Yellow.