PDA

View Full Version : Haze/Streaks On Windows At Night Or Rain

Dayonta675
07-10-2014, 01:11 AM
I'm having an annoying issue that I cannot remedy, whenever it rains I see haze and streaks all over my car windows and every time at night, my windows are full of haze and streaks.

I've used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on the windows and I clean it with Stoners Invisible Glass Rain Repellent.

Could this combo on my glass be causing the haze and streaks?

Thanks.

andrewbmw
07-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Clean the wipers themselves?
Was the products used correctly?
Maybe something is still on the glass and might have to be chemically removed or clayed or even polished off?
Is deep gloss paint sealant meant to be used on glass?
I would completely start over by striping any chemicals off the glass and clay and polish it all.

EVOlved
07-10-2014, 01:25 AM
I would lean towards WGDGPS being the issue here. Like Andrew mentioned I would clay and polish the windows with even just a paint cleaner to remove what is there and apply nothing and see what happens. Then if all goes well try the stoners on one window the next wash to make sure that wasn't the culprit and continue.

Dayonta675
07-10-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm thinking it's the combination of both products because after I did the windows with WG I believe a few weeks went by where I didn't have to use Stoners and no streaks/haze were present. I guess that's what I'll have to do!

CDot
07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm thinking it's the combination of both products because after I did the windows with WG I believe a few weeks went by where I didn't have to use Stoners and no streaks/haze were present. I guess that's what I'll have to do!

I'd agree; I had WDGSS (spritz sealant) on my windshield and wiper fluid with Rain-X in it--caused the wipers to chatter a lot.

omgitselaine
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I'd agree; I had WDGSS (spritz sealant) on my windshield and wiper fluid with Rain-X in it--caused the wipers to chatter a lot.
Ppppppppppp

omgitselaine
07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Pppppppppp

Ppppppppppppppppp

hernandez.art13
07-10-2014, 01:54 PM
^ Phone in pocket? :D

Dayonta675
07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
So it did end up being a Stoner / WGDGPS compatibility. That's really unfortunate because I liked using Invisible Glass. Not sure what to do now, take off the sealant and use IG, or leave the sealant and use something else.

ScottB
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Clean glass with DP Glass Restorer, then skip Rain-X and other products and apply some Aquapel. No streaking and great beading too !

Belair
07-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Did you clean the wipers too or were they not involved?