Wheel Wells?

DogRescuer

Reaction score
Hi guys whats your "go to" brush/pad for cleaning the wheel wells please?

A long handle wheel well brush, apc, and car soap mixture is what I use to do but I have found taking a old microfiber towel, and using that same apc and soap method works wonders cause you can feel and clean every little spot even the springs , and such amd call me weird though it gives me the feeling that wells are clean and not semi clean I guess its the OCD

Long handle wheel brush and a scrub pad (the blue ones that aren't as rough) for anything the long-handle brush missed.

What long handled brush? I bought one, but the handle was too thick. I have low clearance in places, so a short brush won't do, need a long skinny handle.

What long handled brush? I bought one, but the handle was too thick. I have low clearance in places, so a short brush won't do, need a long skinny handle.

Maybe try the wheel woolies. They have a thinner handle then most fenderwell brushes.

i have both the short and long handle of this brush and use the longer one for wheel wells, and the short one for the engine, etc,.
3017862.jpg

Hi guys whats your "go to" brush/pad for cleaning the wheel wells please?

For WHEEL WELLS I use a cheap bone sponge, get in there real good and wash by hand. If I use a brush I go with a Carrand 93039 20" Heavy Duty Wash Brush. In both cases I spray the inner fender wells beforehand with Meguiar's APC.

For the wheels themselves on the face I use a Mothers Wheel Brush and for the insides I use either the Speed Master Wheel Brush Trio or Wheel Woolies Wheel Brushes.

For other areas/situations get a ROUND Pastry and Basting Brush.

Turn the wheels left, wash, turn the wheels right and wash. That will get your long, and short handled brush in there.

Good tip Hazcat , for the front end of my ride it would be ok , but the rears I would have to take the wheels off , it s a pain .

Good brush suggestions. I also saw a tip somewhere that jacking the car up makes the wheel wells more accessible. I'm thinking you wouldn't even have to get the wheel off the ground, just get the frame up 4-6". Seems easier than taking off the wheel anyway.

I like to use the wheel woolies in the places my fender well brush can't reach. Shouldn't be any reason to take your wheels off just for regular maintenance of the wheel wells. Also a diluted APC works well for me.

Brushes, brushes, and LOTS of brushes!
We have 2 dedicated 5 gallon buckets JUST for wheels/tires/wheel wells and no less than a dozen different brushes. Everything from Carrand, to Daytona, to Mothers, to Wollies.

Several bottles of various cleaners, APC, APC+, rubber cleaner, acid and non-acid wheel cleaner, as well as both foaming and non foaming spray heads for the bottles.

All that and about 15 minutes per wheel/tire/wheel well and you're good to go. :D

Get them clean

DLUX

Enjoy at least 6 months of easy cleaning

Back