Microfiber towel for removing Megs 105 & 205?

MattN03

Reaction score
I need to get some new microfiber towels for removing Meguiar's 105 & 205, and some LSP (currently trying a bottle of Pinnacle Souveran). What would everyone recommend?

For compound, go with 360 gsm since you are going to typically follow with a polish anyway. For polish and wax/sealant removal, 500+ gsm.

So I can't really use one type for all product types?

You can. If money is no object, then buy 30-40 500+ gsm and use them for everything. I use my cheaper ones to remove compound and the better towels for polish, wax, and rinseless washes.

OK, that makes since. Do you recommend any particular brand? I was looking at CG microfiber, but there are so many, i'm not sure where to even start.. lol

I really like the towels from The Rag Company. I have a bunch from here also, and really for the money TRC are just as good.

Microfiber Tech edgeless 350gsm polish towels get my vote. Work great for polish/wax removal as well as spray wax spreading. Low nap, no lint. Also great on glass.

Microfiber madness yellow fellow 2.0, ###. Also AG grey 530's are great too.

The absolute best towel for compound/polish/wax removal is the Pakshak Silver Surfer Edgeless. It is a loop pile microfiber specifically made for that job. I was skeptical too but it makes the job much easier. The typical split pile microfiber towels don't come close.

Microfiber Tech edgeless 350gsm polish towels get my vote. Work great for polish/wax removal as well as spray wax spreading. Low nap, no lint. Also great on glass.

Bingo. I need to order another dozen because I simply LOVE these towels. They are just fantastic I can't get over them. I typically use these for both compound and polish removal, unless I'm on some super soft paint. Then I'll remove polish with one of my 500+ gsm towels.

I may try out another MF company in the future, but MFTech has never let me down.

I have rag company edgeless. The borderless blonde. But for the final wax removal, the silver surfer from pakshak is the best

I just ordered 3 elite hemmed edge from microfibertech. They look like the low nap that will be good for wax removal. They were $9.33 with free shipping. That's very cheap so we'll see how they perform

I need to get some new microfiber towels for removing Meguiar's 105 & 205, and some LSP (currently trying a bottle of Pinnacle Souveran). What would everyone recommend?

There's quite a few recommendations posted, I prefer the towels made in S. Korea because they're better quality and softer than the ones made in China. Microfiber Madness Yellow Fellow towels are awesome but pricey...

For the M105 & M205 PakShak Silver Surfers are excellent as are the 350 gm Microfiber Tech Edgeless (the same towel is sold under several other labels). I haven't used the Microfiber Madness Yellow Fellow 2.0 yet but I would expect it to be at least as good, if not better, than the PakShak or MFT. I'd probably pick a different towel for final LSP polish but these should work.

Meguiar's supreme shine work well with both. I could not pass up on the deal for about 25 of them for about the same price.

The Rag company has 15% through tonight with code 15YRS. You have to order a 70/30 blend and as always free shipping over $30. I ordered 7 of their eagle edgeless in blue.

Back