Waterless Wash Plus+ vs Optimum No Rinse

luciddaydream

Reaction score
Hello
I was just wondering what the difference is between these two products?

I assume the Waterless Wash requires less water for mixing?

A waterless wash requires no rinsing vs. the bucket & sponge approach.

UWW+ has Polycharger in it which gives the product some additional "boost" for the LSP and for enhancing gloss/shine. ONR does not have Polycharger but has it's proprietary formula that also provides some "boost".

How Polycharger Works

While to a degree that are somewhat interchangeable, in a strict sense UWW+ is a Waterless Wash and ONR is a Rinseless Wash. I have both and use them as follows:

ONR --> Clay, QD, Rinseless Wash
UWW+ --> Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash & QD

I also have Pinnacle Waterless Wash w/ Carnauba that I tried last year via a trade. I like it a lot. At some point I will center on either Pinnacle or UWW+. ONR will remain in my arsenal. And realistically by the time I need to make that decision these products may wind up with new and improved versions and the evaluation could theoretically start all over again.

A waterless wash requires no rinsing vs. the bucket & sponge approach.

UWW+ has Polycharger in it which gives the product some additional "boost" for the LSP and for enhancing gloss/shine. ONR does not have Polycharger but has it's proprietary formula that also provides some "boost".

How Polycharger Works

While to a degree that are somewhat interchangeable, in a strict sense UWW+ is a Waterless Wash and ONR is a Rinseless Wash. I have both and use them as follows:

ONR --> Clay, QD, Rinseless Wash
UWW+ --> Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash & QD

I also have Pinnacle Waterless Wash w/ Carnauba that I tried last year via a trade. I like it a lot. At some point I will center on either Pinnacle or UWW+. ONR will remain in my arsenal. And realistically by the time I need to make that decision these products may wind up with new and improved versions and the evaluation could theoretically start all over again.

I tired it last week and hated it!

Made a mess of my windows

No such problem with ONR

Trying Meguiar's D114 later this week

No such problem with ONR

I use ONR and UWW. I like UWW better as a waterless and I really didn't notice a difference between the 2 when doing rinseless. Since ONR is cheaper per gallon, ONR will continue to handle the rinseless duties.

I agree, ONR is great for windows. Keep us posted on D114, I am very interested in this product compared to ONR.

No such problem with ONR

I've fallen head over heals for D114, personally I feel like it kicks ONR's butt for a rinseless even if it leaves nothing behind.

ONR all the way here. Have yet to find anything better and cheaper. Have tried almost every rinseless and waterless product on the market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

I've fallen head over heals for D114, personally I feel like it kicks ONR's butt for a rinseless even if it leaves nothing behind.

Do any of these products leave streaks etc on obsidian
Black? Thanks! Feed back please. :buffing:

Good timing for this thread. I need to buy a rinseless and these are the 3 I'm interested in, ONR, UWW+, Megs express. I rinsed my Camry off yesterday and used Eco WW and felt the product didn't work near as good as when dry.

slightly off topic but i go through Opti-Clean like water around here. i saw waterless wash and felt compelled to post though i know UWW+ is its own product lol

imo Opti-Clean has made so many products obsolete in my arsenal. touch up glass, paint, interior, wheels...whatever. i wish it was compatible prior to Opti-Coat, but ONR is and that's good enough for me.

Good timing for this thread. I need to buy a rinseless and these are the 3 I'm interested in, ONR, UWW+, Megs express. I rinsed my Camry off yesterday and used Eco WW and felt the product didn't work near as good as when dry.

If your a wax guy, don't discount Pinnacle Rinseless. I think it's the best for "wax" - and just overall very good. You can also use it in combo with Pinnacle Waterless for a really nice wash.

If your a wax guy, don't discount Pinnacle Rinseless. I think it's the best for "wax" - and just overall very good. You can also use it in combo with Pinnacle Waterless for a really nice wash.

:iagree:

I use Ultima on Sealants and Coatings.

I have also used Pinnacle Rinseless

I did not have the same issue with the glass using it

IMO, ONR performed better for me.

- Seemed to clean better
- Felt slicker during process
- Better on glass

Again, in my opinion, the best test of how well any product is actually cleaning your paint, is how it is cleaning your glass; where streaks and haze are more easily seen.

slightly off topic but i go through Opti-Clean like water around here. i saw waterless wash and felt compelled to post though i know UWW+ is its own product lol

imo Opti-Clean has made so many products obsolete in my arsenal. touch up glass, paint, interior, wheels...whatever. i wish it was compatible prior to Opti-Coat, but ONR is and that's good enough for me.

It has even displaced a few household cleaners for me.

Advantages and disadvantages of using a rinseless with wax? I haven't decontaminated, polished, or waxed my car since I bought it. I have everything except the polisher and pads which I will get soon.

It has even displaced a few household cleaners for me.

me too. computers, TV, sound bar...cell phone...anything that needs to be cleaned/dusted and could get scratched in the process, haha.

Back