does anyone use water softener for your garden hose?

sito

Reaction score
does anyone use water softener for your garden hose?

is there a product that soften water ?

Yes I do. It is used for washing vehicles but I also have a regular water hose bib next to it for what ever.

Dave

Yes I do. It is used for washing vehicles but I also have a regular water hose bib next to it for what ever.

Dave

where did you buy this water softener?

where did you buy this water softener?

I probably mistook your question Mine is a house softener. I do have one for the RV that is all hoses tho. Go to campingworld.com as they have them and it uses table salt.

Dave

Our whole-house water softener has a by-pass ball valve,
that I engage for garden usage.

Bought my softener from a local plumbing supply house.

Bob

I am referring to portable version that you can hook it up just for the car wash.

I am referring to portable version that you can hook it up just for the car wash.
Then...No.
I just use the hose bibs/hose for car washing:
They're then, at that point, part of the whole-house water softener system.
All-in-All: That's good enough for my purposes.

Bob

i use a portable water softener for final rinse. the water around where i live is awful. I've got the race glaze refillable unit, expensive, but works well. if you want a cheaper option, look for window cleaners resin filters, it should return some results for ebay etc. that will be a possible alternative.

Autogeek has this:
CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

Griots garage makes a deionized system on a cart. It works pretty well

I have the cartridge filter that PBMG sells for your hose. Works very well. I have very hard water and I do t know what I would do without something.

What would happen if you filled your QD bottles with deionized water. Would that help

I read a review that this was better than cr spotless. I'm gonna look into it

I picked the GG version because it has the valve bypass at the head. I figured I could buy a TdS meter the use in the bucket to check and that the shut off valves were more useful than an instant reader. My only complaint is the stability. It gets top heavy and any odd tug of the hose will cause it to fall over on a driveway which isn't level.

isn't this system need to hook up to the house water system?

isn't this system need to hook up to the house water system?

Both cr and GG systems require access to a hose but the tanks can be purchased on trolleys to wheel as far as the house will travel. From there I added one of those cheap expanding hoses from ACE hardware to give me more travel to my power washer. Also used quick disconnects to be able to detach for final open house Deionized rinse.

I use the Travelsoft portable softener available at campingworld.com. I use a sediment/carbon filter in front of it to protect the resin. I've used it for 15 years. I don't have water spotting issues.

Back