Wiping off polish

MJT

Reaction score
Hey guys, am just wondering what the quickest way is to remove/wipe off compound, polish and wax. This side of detailing can be quite hard work when done by hand using a microfibre towel. Would a microfibre bonnet on a 5.5inch DA pad work with a buffer? What do you recommend?

Thanks!
Mark

i dont find compound, polish, or wax difficult to remove... maybe it's the products you are using

What compounds, polishes and lsp's are you using?

I also have no trouble wiping off polishes and compounds. After we see what you are using maybe we would have some ideas.

As long as the panel you working on was cool not hot, and that you broke down the product there shouldn't be no problems removing compound, polish or anything but if that panel was hot and the product dried before even begin broken down then yes it will become stubborn to remove and be sure to flip sides and have many microfiber towels cause your microfiber can become caked with product thus wont grab/remove any more product but you can just use rubbing alcohol or detail spray to wake up the dried product that way you can remove

Generally m105 compound is quite hard to rub off. But just the constant action of wiping off the products adds to the labor. I guess I am asking this question as I have seen microfiber bonnets advertised that can be used to wipe of product. Does this work well as an alternative to hand wiping off polish etc?

As long as the panel you working on was cool not hot, and that you broke down the product there shouldn't be no problems removing compound, polish or anything but if that panel was hot and the product dried before even begin broken down then yes it will become stubborn to remove and be sure to flip sides and have many microfiber towels cause your microfiber can become caked with product thus wont grab/remove any more product but you can just use rubbing alcohol or detail spray to wake up the dried product that way you can remove

Nail has been hit on the head.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Generally m105 compound is quite hard to rub off. But just the constant action of wiping off the products adds to the labor. I guess I am asking this question as I have seen microfiber bonnets advertised that can be used to wipe of product. Does this work well as an alternative to hand wiping off polish etc?

Products load up fast on microfibers so you would need alot of the bonnets, just like the towels, with towels you get 4 to 8 sides to use.

Hopefully you're working one panel at a time?

I think MF Bonnet would be used as a last stage for that extra oomph, and not to wipe polish off. Wiping off polish with a MF towel is a breeze IMO.

removing polish compound sealant or wax with a microfiber bonnet is a no no in my book that is always done by hand if the polish isnt fully broken down its not gonna come off easy then again it also depends on what kind of paint your working on you always want to make sure you break it all down and it will be easy to remove with a clean microfiber towel on my personal soft black subaru paint i noticed i need to use alot of clean towels from compund to polish if i didnt use a clean towel the paint is so soft i would create straight line scratches from removing the spent product especially with m105 it doesnt have a long working time if its worked to long it will also be hard to remove and while trying to remove you will most likely create your own scratches in the paint with m105 i would do maybe 2-3 section passes and remove or switch to menzerna fg400 its alot easier to remove in my opinion the only time i used a microfiber bonnet to remove any product was when i first got into detailing but that was a big mistake as i was creating my own scratches not knowing of course and kept using the same bonnet for atleast half the car maybe more smh

Back