Need advice on removing bird dropping etchings

eyost

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found some level 1 bird dropping etchings on my wife's 2013 Accord. Any best recommendation on removing these? Should I try first a more aggressive pad or more agrressive product?

Thanks for any advice,

Ed

I must have missed the memo on levels for bird poop etching, so I'm not sure exactly what you're dealing with, but "least aggressive method first". Trying a more aggressive pad or a more aggressive product is kind of 6 of one, half dozen of another, so pick one and give it a shot, if you don't get the results you're looking for, step up the other half.

But before you do that, what polishes/pads/machine do you have, and what have you tried already?

Least aggressive method first.

You can try a polish such as m205 with a white pad, or move on to m105 on an orange. I've had good luck with m105 and yellow pad for removal of etched bird droppings, followed by m205 on orange.

I must have missed the memo on levels for bird poop etching, so I'm not sure exactly what you're dealing with, but "least aggressive method first". Trying a more aggressive pad or a more aggressive product is kind of 6 of one, half dozen of another, so pick one and give it a shot, if you don't get the results you're looking for, step up the other half.

But before you do that, what polishes/pads/machine do you have, and what have you tried already?

Thanks for the help. I have a Porter Cable DA and so far have tried Pinnacle Paint Cleanser with a white pad and Pinnacle swirl remover with a white pad. Or, should I try it by hand first?

Ed

Machine is fine. Do you have an orange pad? What other polishes do you have?
Yep - I do have an orange pad.

In my cabinet I have the following:

Pinnacle
Advanced Swirl Remover
Cleansing Lotion
Advanced Finishing Polish
Wolfgang
Paintwork Polish Enhancer

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Back