Iron X on racing stripes?

crowe338

Reaction score
I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory). The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove. I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes? I have seen some people say that it will only react with metal and not to let it dry on any surface. I want to make sure it is safe before I attempt to clean this up. I am going to clay it afterwards but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!

Welcome to autogeek..as for your situation I would just tape off the stripes and work around them, and just use dedicated matte products on the stripes

I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory). The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove. I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes? I have seen some people say that it will only react with metal and not to let it dry on any surface. I want to make sure it is safe before I attempt to clean this up. I am going to clay it afterwards but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!

No problem , it will not damage them, avoid ofcourse as much as you can spraying on them but from our experience its safe to use on nylon or rubber surfaces

Any of the WOWA products can be used on the stripes afterwards, I've had great sucess using it on my stripes!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

I recently bought a new white Mustang with black matte vinyl racing stripes (factory).
That's a nice combo...:Picture:

The paint has a bit of rail dust on it that the dealer said they could not remove.
IMO:
More like they didn't know how to remove the rail dust with their current inventory of decon-products, without possibly buggering-up the matte finish on the racing stripes.

I see that Iron X is the way to go for this, but has anyone used it around this type of stripes?
Avi's answer should put your mind at ease.

I am going to clay it afterwards
Clay the paint if deemed so by the "Baggie Test" .
However:
Make sure to not clay the matte stripes!!

but need to know what is a good sealer that will work with the stripes and the paint that will not ruin them? Thanks!
•For the matte stripes?
-Only use products formulated for matte.
Nanolex, Dr. Beasley, Swissxax, and Chemical Guys are some of the Brand names that have such matte products.

•Sealant for the paint?
-AGO carries a very large assortment:
Results for Paint sealants - Search

•Good Luck on your upcoming detailing tasks.

Bob

Back