PDA

View Full Version : Truck Cab/Bed Area Question

glh17
08-28-2014, 01:40 PM
I've owned pickups from 1986 to the present and have never been satisfied with washing (much less polishing and waxing) the area between the cab and the bed.

I can only get my hand around a couple of inches down. My procedure is to try to get soap on the area and then hose it off, but I never get it as clean as I'd like.

Any suggestions? I've seen a device with a microfiber mitt on an extension but the device is designed for the area between the cab and a cover. It requires 3" clearance and I've got less than 2".

I also have a 2800 psi gas pressure washer but am reluctant to use it on such a confined area.

2.ooohhh
08-28-2014, 01:49 PM
For cleaning I use a duster I swiped from the wife. It's essentially the same as my wash mitt but longer and skinnier.

Similar to below-
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81JgvQN8xpL._SL1500_.jpg

Works on our trucks.

As for polish/wax I do that whenever the bed or cab are off the frame, though on the dump bed I just tilt it up to clean. :dblthumb2:

glh17
08-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks, that looks like what I've been looking for. Not too worried about polishing and waxing. I don't remove my bed for anything.

eaglefan
08-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Someone makes some deal that is a long flat pad sort of. Has a handle, just for washing though. But it is made to get between the cab and bed. I'll see if I can find it

eaglefan
08-28-2014, 02:25 PM
This "Was" it. Link goes to autopia now though.

//www.properautocare.com/trcapwabr.html

glh17
08-28-2014, 07:57 PM
This "Was" it. Link goes to autopia now though.

//www.properautocare.com/trcapwabr.html

Must have discontinued it. I couldn't find it on autopia's site. I'm going to try the duster. I'd like to clean the whole area but if I could just get a few inches further I'd be happy.

By the way, I noticed someone had filed for a patent on such a device. Don't know if it's the same one you referred to or not.

Paul Mitchell
08-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Truck Window & Cap Wash Brush purchased through Top of the Line for $18.95. They say it compresses down to 1/4".

Quote from their site:

Product Description
An Innovative Scrubber that "Cleans Between" the Truck Cap and Camper Shell.

You just had that beautiful camper put on the back of your pick-up and realized you have a new problem. How do you clean your truck's rear window?

The space between the rear window and your new camper shell is too narrow to clean. Shoot, there's no way to reach the rear window! Not to worry.. we have the solution.

The "Kleen Between" Truck Window Washer is designed to stretch into those impossible-to-reach areas. The handle on the Kleen Between is 31" long and only 2" thick!

The Kleen Between can also be used on boats to wash transom stains and on RV's to clean windows or that area between the RV's side and the awning support arms. You can also use the long-handled scrubber in your home to clean and dust under appliances.

Truck Window & Cap Brush Features:

31" handle
Head 8' x 4 1/2" x 2" thick (compresses down to 1/4")

Helltopay
08-29-2014, 12:45 AM
How about a Wheel Woolie.

Wheel Woolies 3-Piece Kit, wheel cleaning tools, wheel brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-woolies.html)

glh17
08-29-2014, 01:32 AM
I ordered a microfiber duster with extension that only cost me around $12. If it doesn't work, I'm sure I'll find some use for it.

I'll also order the truck window and cap brush if the duster doesn't pan out. I googled the product and found a place that sells it for around $18. I had actually seen the brush a couple of days ago when I started thinking about this. What I read suggested it was for the area between the cab and a camper and that it was 2 inches thick, too thick to fit between my cab and bed. However, I read further and saw that it will collapse down to something like 1/2 inch or so. That would work. I would have ordered it if I hadn't already ordered the duster.

I'd thought about woolies but thought they'd be too thick. I have a wooly and a similar brush that are too thick. The smaller one in the kit would work though. It wouldn't allow much cleaning but certainly more than I can do with my hand mitt.

Thanks for the suggestions.