What to buy next, Help me decide..

MitchLiving

Reaction score
My brother owns a 07' Honda Odyssey Burgundy in color and he would like for me to paint correct his car, it is full of holograms and swirl marks from a detailer at the dealership when he purchased this car last year.
I'm not completely new to correcting cars but I want to make GOOD purchases to do this.. WHY you might ask, because everything he buys for me to do his car I keep :)

What I already own:
  • GG Polisher 25' cord
  • Meguiars 5'' Polishing kit (cutting compound is almost finished)
  • MF towels
  • Tire brushes
  • Nano skin sponge. I find this much faster and easier over Claying.
I don't want to only use the D300 Compound with that kit, I don't know how soft or hard the paint is yet. It would be pointless to do a test spot if all I have is that compound and pads.

Suggestions I'm looking for.
  • I need 3'' pads and a backing plate
  • Other compounds that is great to have on hand.
  • Other pads
  • A quality wax
  • Sealant, I'm already leaning Towards Meguiar’s #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0
  • APC's ect..
  • Buckets ( one would assume I know)
I searched and found a lot of older but great threads about what people are using but I wanted a more up to date of "This is what I've been using and LOVING my results"
I know I will get a bunch of diff opinions but that is what I am looking for. He know what a "Real" Paint correction cost, so he is willing to let me do the work and buy me products in place of me directly charging him (which even if I had everything I need I wouldn't charge him anyway)

I'm off to Decontaminate a 2011 Maxima now will post pictures later. :buffing:
Feed back please

If I were you, I would go with the porter cable/ Wolfgang combo with the total swirl remover. Just be sure to add more pads to the combo and you should be good to go. Honda's are in general on the softer side, so you will not need a real heavy cutting compound

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

I think the GG is a much stronger machine than the PC, so you are all set there

D300 is designed for the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Pad System (DAMF). Which I really like. Sounds like that may be the kit you already have.

Grit Guards for your buckets

Do you have quality wash mitts?

Car wash soap?

Iron-X would probably be great for an '07

Generally, I would suggest 4" pads instead of 3", but it is personal preference

The Wolfgang Triplets are effective on almost all paint systems

Back