Duragloss 271 stained my windows....help plz

jcarollo765

Reaction score
After applying duragloss 271 to my trim all around my car I noticed it left this film all over my windows and it looks terrible. I have tried several all purpose cleaners with no luck. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove this stuff? Thank you

Sounds like you got trim dressing on the windows I would try clay barring the window, wiping it down with rubbing alcohol or just clean the windows normally though use three towels instead of two(extra one is to srub in a sense and gather most of contamination)

I always removed it with a MF but I also have DG's Rain repel on all the windows. Maybe that makes a difference. Some DG Nu glass should remove it or Rain repel would probably do it but it doesn't do you any good if you do not have those. Maybe plastic polish ?

Dave

DG Nu glass, glass cleaner, should remove it. The apc's have probably removed the 271...but more than likely they have left some residue behind.

I have spilled a half of bottle of 271 on a windshield.......grabbed some glass cleaner and wiped right off.

I'm pretty sure I noticed it a day after. Then I tried several times to remove it to no avail. Now it's 5 months later and I want it gone!!!!

I'm pretty sure I noticed it a day after. Then I tried several times to remove it to no avail. Now it's 5 months later and I want it gone!!!!

Now that is an endurance test. Try the methods above and let us know.

Dave

I agree with Dave above. Grab some DG NuGlass and see if you can remove it with that. Apply some to a microfiber towel and gently wipe where the stain is. Sometimes a mist of water helps NuGlass from becoming too hard to work with and helps with wiping off the residue.

Back